Wiring Question?

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Question for you wiring guys...

I installed the Rizoma FE Kit on my bike the other day and I actually rode it around today....I had a little situation this morning so I decided to check my work and everything seems fine but I do have a question and hopefully someone can help me out.

It comes with an LED Plate light and with that it has a little current resistor that states I must use it or damage will occur without it. Anyhow I was messing around with it, and I had the ignition on(bike wasnt started) and I noticed that the resistor was getting a bit hot.... Does anyone have any ideas or is this a normal thing being that I have the new LED light and not the factory light on? Thanks in advance guys....

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Question for you wiring guys...

I installed the Rizoma FE Kit on my bike the other day and I actually rode it around today....I had a little situation this morning so I decided to check my work and everything seems fine but I do have a question and hopefully someone can help me out.

It comes with an LED Plate light and with that it has a little current resistor that states I must use it or damage will occur without it. Anyhow I was messing around with it, and I had the ignition on(bike wasnt started) and I noticed that the resistor was getting a bit hot.... Does anyone have any ideas or is this a normal thing being that I have the new LED light and not the factory light on? Thanks in advance guys....

From the electrical side of things, resistors when the are working get hot. I would assume that this is normal, as you are wanting to knock down some current for the LED.

Ben

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
The resistor causes a voltage drop. LED's only work on a very specific voltage range... too little and theyre worthlessly dim, too much and you fry them. In lieu (sp?) of the voltage drop, the resistor must dissipate the energy (current) flowing through it (since energy is neither created nor destroyed, it must be converted), that energy is converted to heat.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
It won't hurt to mount the resistor where it can get some airflow. But as others said, it's normal for it to get hot.