Wiring of rear turn signals.

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I need a little help. The previous owner removed the turn signals and now I'm adding some new ones but don't know which wires to connect them to. I think they go somewhere in this general area. I appreciate the help!
20130730_1713151.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See that gray connector and that black connector? They both look the same except the color. One has a dark green wire and a black wire. this is the right rear directional The dark green wire is the signal and the black is the ground.

The other one (left signal) is a chocolate wire (brown?) and a black wire. Chocolate is signal and again the black wire is ground.

Let us know how you make out! :)

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
See that gray connector and that black connector? They both look the same except the color. One has a dark green wire and a black wire. this is the right rear directional The dark green wire is the signal and the black is the ground.

The other one (left signal) is a chocolate wire (brown?) and a black wire. Chocolate is signal and again the black wire is ground.

Let us know how you make out! :)

That's what I thought, I just didn't know left from right. I lost daylight, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow. Would I be able to cut out those connectors since my turn signals don't have the male side? Plus the black one is busted.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I thought, I just didn't know left from right. I lost daylight, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow. Would I be able to cut out those connectors since my turn signals don't have the male side? Plus the black one is busted.

Yes! Just go to the other side of the plugs. Just get rid of those plastic plugs and make your own connection. You could use bullet type connectors which is what Ive done for a lot of bikes that were boogered up. :)

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
They're LED signals, so I would need some resistors too right? If so, are there any common ones that I can pick out at a local store?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

At the bottom of the page. LS1-S-Flat.. :) ***$8.95*** :rockon:

Left side of your fairing, inside, down low, is the flasher location. It's in a rubber mount that slides onto a plastic tab. Wiggle it straight up and off the tab and it will hang down to swap out the Flasher relay.

The electronic flasher will flash at a steady rate regardless of load. No resistor are needed. There is only one flasher. This is the same flasher that is used for the 4 way emergency lights
moto_FLAT.jpg

Also remember the LEDs are polarity specific. If it doesn't light the wires may be reversed. It won't hurt them if they're reversed. They just won't light.

Last edited:

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got one ordered, thanks. Now I just need to find the relay. The previous owner removed the fairing. Hopefully it's tucked away under the tank, cause I can't see it anywhere else. I'll check when I get home.

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

At the bottom of the page. LS1-S-Flat.. :) ***$8.95*** :rockon:

Left side of your fairing, inside, down low, is the flasher location. It's in a rubber mount that slides onto a plastic tab. Wiggle it straight up and off the tab and it will hang down to swap out the Flasher relay.

The electronic flasher will flash at a steady rate regardless of load. No resistor are needed. There is only one flasher. This is the same flasher that is used for the 4 way emergency lights
moto_FLAT.jpg

Also remember the LEDs are polarity specific. If it doesn't light the wires may be reversed. It won't hurt them if they're reversed. They just won't light.
I got my relay in, the previous owner cut out the the OEM relay. Do you know what color the wires are?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. Brown with green tracer goes to your red wire on the flasher relay. Brown with white tracer goes to the black flasher relay wire. :)