Will 2009 Gold R6 rims fit a 2007 FZ6?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
that looks great! but are the rims any lighter than our stocks ones? got to find a excuse to change 1 pair myself. :BLAA:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Those look awesome!! Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it? I'm curious if they were bolt on or you had to monkey with anything.

Thanks. I took the wheels off the bike and the shop swapped the tires. The were direct bolt on.

Only thing different are the collars.
The R6 collars have a plastic dust cap around the collar and they the made from Aluminum.

The Fz6 Collars have no dust cap and the collars are made from a heavier alloy.

They interchange but I am concerned the r6 ones are just a collar that Yamaha uses to ship the wheels in the crate with a new bike?

I used the R6 ones. The mechanic in the shop said those are the ones he would have used. But I still want to make sure

I am going to the parts dept tomorrow and ask to see a 2009 r6 collar for front and back.

The wheels are the same part number as well.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
One note about the R6 rims, the sprocket is a 525 on the stock r6 where fz6 is 530. So don't use the r6 sprocket. I think the rotor may not be the same either.

The rims are fine and our sprocket and rotors will transfer over to them.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really good. I like the red with gold rims. Maybe white would be better who knows. I know black would be nice tool. Either way, glad they fit; I don't know of any others with gold rims.

Dennis