Why do you love your FZ6 so much? 3 reasons?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What gearing do you have on your Tour Edition?

At this point, that bike has standard gearing....could go for an even longer set up, would give me more top end, and be a bit more forgiving for my pillion, down low...

Any thoughts as to which way i should go?

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For Tassie, I'd keep it stock. The roads are not super-high speed, and in many cases are quite narrow. Look out for the logging trucks! You won't be cruising on freeways down there. Wish I could join you but got two 2yo boys and the law won't let me squeeze them on the back :)

But hopefully you have an FZ1 by then in any case :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For Tassie, I'd keep it stock. The roads are not super-high speed, and in many cases are quite narrow. Look out for the logging trucks! You won't be cruising on freeways down there. Wish I could join you but got two 2yo boys and the law won't let me squeeze them on the back :)

But hopefully you have an FZ1 by then in any case :)

Yes, the FZ1 bug is sorta starting to bite! I just think that's what i want, something just like the FZ6, but with more grunt...

I also like the FZ1, cause it is so compact...not a big bike by any means...just lots of motor squeezed into a relatively short wheelbase,.

Mikey reckons that the rear shock on them aint so hot though...But he does ride pretty hard most of the time...i dont, or wont, especially with a pillion on the back..

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a damned sight better than the FZ6's shock if that's any consolation. Yep for anything other than commuting they're my favourite bike. There's very little to complain about with them. Exciting times mate.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are only allowed to give 3 reasons? Bugger, well they have to be the best ones.

1. The angry sound of that sweet R6 donated motor over 9,000-10,000 rpm.

2. The fact that the bike is not overengineered perfection and lost its personality/character. Don't get me wrong, not saying FZ6 is crap I bloody love mine & refuse to part with it

Case in point, the Mrs will let me have a Speed Triple (which I love) but I have to part with the FZ. Simply won't do it.

3. How it looks. (Especially the N model in midnight black) :D

hoston1765

Reaction score
Visit site
Many reasons to love this bike, it's agility saved my bacon from a head on (an SUV popped out to pass) two days ago. With only three to choose from:

The 5 gallon fuel tank, moderate touring can give a range of over 200 miles between gas stops.

Great manners in town and touring but when you need the power to weight ratio, it's all there plus agility!

Symmetry, it looks like very few other bikes with the underseat exaust, draws compliments from Harley riders.

KenpoTex

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Looks...I love the under-tail exhaust and the lines of the bike in general (the only thing I don't like--make that "hate"--are those f'ing "bug antenna" mirrors). I get a lot of compliments and "hey, what is that" comments.

2. Versatility...tame or nasty depending on your mood.

3. Cheap (the bike itself, insurance, etc.)