Why do you love your FZ6 so much? 3 reasons?

1.Cheaper than some of the Honda 400CC(CB400SF Revo)
2.FC is almost as good as a 400CC
3.cheap insurance as compared to FZ1.

1. The sit up position that helps me ride more defensively in traffic

2. Looks like a bike of this caliber should look like, not a fake racer.

3. Power disbursement helps keep me out of trouble with the cops but gives me something to look forward to at the track.

4. Lower weight allows me to pick it up easier after my two sons dropped it standing still. :spank:

5. The fact that it's a Yamaha and I got it without a scratch with 2,200 miles and still have three years warranty.

6. etc, etc, etc

1. This bike is a marketer's dream, it exceeds expectations in every area except one - it doesn't have the FZ-1 style factory panniers as an accessory.
(and that aint its fault!)

2. The handling inspires confidence whilst the amount of power available commands repect.

3. The quality and finish of the bike is excellent.

Thanks for all the great replies so far people! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And it seems to me that value, reliabilty, ease of maintenance, and an ability to be much more than the sum of parts that make up the bike, are all recurring themes...

:thumbup:

Ok my top three ..

Price - its damn cheap ! And that is everything, fuel, running costs, insurance

Feels like a solid quality bike, and you just have to love the undertail exhaust and that front light (Naked)

And finally .... FZ6 Forum. 'nuff said ;)

1. Touring like a champ, no problem going for hours without pain.
2. Keeps up with the big boys when the roads are tight, and shows good form at tracks aswell..
3. Price, cost me allmost nothing compared to other bikes, and soon I will own it 100%.. No more paying the bank :rockon:

Keep going people, you have ALMOST convinced me not to sell my "touring" FZ6!

Which was the whole point of this thread...i have been looking at other bikes with loving eyes, but i keep coming back to the fact, that the FZ6, is more than just a bike!

And i thought i was just being a hopeless romantic... it seems i am not alone in my "lust" for Fizzers!

The FZ6 really should'nt be as good as it is...but it is!

here are my thoughts

1. its value for money you get. it set the standard back in 2004, you get FI and an aluminium frame which i believe back in 2004 no naked had. a lot of bike for the money.

2. looks and the fact that its not a super common bike unlike hornets

3. versatility and quality of fittings.

4 reliability's a given.

1) Upright seating position
2) looks
3) price

A very important factor, it was my very first bike, I would always love her :thumbup:

1. Looks - Even non bikies comment on what a great looking m/c it is.
2. Performance - More engine than I'll ever need and handling that is pretty good and with a little inexpensive modification can be great.
3. Comfort - Even with up to 8+ hours in the saddle in one day (so far) didn't faze my old body at all.

Well done Yamaha. :thumbup:

My likes:

1. Built for comfort AND speed
2. Looks very sexy
3. All the ladies want to climb up on it.
4. Can go for hours without tiring

wait.... are we talking about the bike or the rider? :D

Oh gosh Wolfman I could name many like: Cheap to insure, reasonably priced, great handling, great binders, heavy duty clutch, layout of insturments, large tank capacity, wonderfully throated engine sounds (at appropriate times), reliability, tucked exhaust, quiet operation, windscreen, flamethrowers (like aircraft landing lights), two kickstands, triple-drilled discs, o-ring chain, layout of indicator lights, good fender coverage, engine reliability, fantastic gas mileage, engine versatility, this is one sweet bike that Yamaha REALLY got right, etc.
To answer your question my top three, (in this order), would probably be:
1. Comfort
2. Power
3. Looks
Thanks for asking! (Good post)

Last edited:
Oh gosh Wolfman I could name many like: Cheap to insure, reasonably priced, great handling, great binders, heavy duty clutch, layout of insturments, large tank capacity, wonderfully throated engine sounds (at appropriate times), reliability, tucked exhaust, quiet operation, windscreen, flamethrowers (like aircraft landing lights), two kickstands, triple-drilled discs, o-ring chain, layout of indicator lights, good fender coverage, engine reliability, fantastic gas mileage, engine versatility, this is one sweet bike that Yamaha REALLY got right, etc.
To answer your question my top three, (in this order), would probably be:
1. Comfort
2. Power
3. Looks
Thanks for asking! (Good post)

Lol....you sound like me at the Pub...when i tell non-believers how super cool the FZ6 is.....nice post! Use this post as a quote at the Pub people....others will buy a round, just to shut you up! :D:D:D

1.seating position is great
2.has enough ooommmffff when needed and yet is easy to handle
3.damn sexy gets looks and coments from anyone (most common is "i dont like naked bikes but i like that")
4.cheap to buy, run and maintain
5.endless mods to make it yours
6.can tour commute or sports ride with ease
7.dont sell it!!!

1. Value
2. The fact that you can wring its neck in the first few gears and (with my lower gearing) you're still under the "go directly to jail" speed threshold. (Rode a mate's 1000cc the other day and for the same thrill factor, you're doing 140km/hr before you even know it)
3. Comfort

7.dont sell it!!!

1. Value
2. The fact that you can wring its neck in the first few gears and (with my lower gearing) you're still under the "go directly to jail" speed threshold. (Rode a mate's 1000cc the other day and for the same thrill factor, you're doing 140km/hr before you even know it)
3. Comfort

I am getting to the point, after considering many options, that the FZ6 might just be worth keeping...it has a similar power to weight ratio to a few of the bikes i am looking at, and if i can put aside my desire to have a bike with over 130hp, then there is no reason to get rid of the thing...

I keep seeing it being a very comfortable, and relaxed steed for the tour of Tassie....Cause it aint as if we are going to be going super hard, with such a mixed group of riders...

I must say that the weight of some of the bikes i am looking at bothers me...i dont like heavy bikes.

Maybe i just spend the money i would spend getting a more expensive bike on getting the suspension sorted for touring, and getting some hard panniers, and maybe even some spotlights???

Back