Where to carry passenger helmet

T

TheBlackSheep

So I know riding with a passenger is alot more responsibility then just by yourself. And that is something I'm not experienced yet to do, but when the time comes where on the fz6 do you carry a spare helmet?

I don't usually, but if I had to I'd secure the strap to one of the handles in the back and put a cargo net over the whole helmet. The only person that will ever ride pillion lives with me though, so I don't see a reason i'd ever have to.

I wouldn't try the helmet lock.

I don't usually, but if I had to I'd secure the strap to one of the handles in the back and put a cargo net over the whole helmet. The only person that will ever ride pillion lives with me though, so I don't see a reason i'd ever have to.

I wouldn't try the helmet lock.
What he said

I like to carry my second helmet on my pillion's head.

When we didn't live together, she kept her helmet in her car trunk.

Nope, don't do it, it's not possible :(

Best is on your arm, but not a great solution either.

I lost a helmet due to it not being tied down properly ... bumped against the tyre :( but i still see no way to fasten a helmet to the back, cargo net perhaps.

Agree with all said, But the simple solution is a cargo net, just be very careful where you put the hooks

Like this one

product_detailed_image_1207_1262.jpg

Cargo net has yet to fail me.
Image09192011134718.jpg

Image09192011134706-1.jpg

I anchor the end hooks to the triangle by the passenger footpeg, the circles near the turn signals on the rear fender, and the middle loops go under the seat and hook onto each other (no I have not had any problems with melting or heat from the exhaust; even on longer rides when net was attached in this same manner).

If you have a bagster on your tank, I mean the protection leather that embraces your tank you can just put the pillion helmet on the tank, unsecured. It's not going anywhere, as long as you keep both hands on the handlebar and don't wheelie ;)

Done it plenty of times.
2nd option is to carry it on your left arm, in the elbow region.

Bungie cords through the helmet, in two loops. Then clipped up to another bungie that is holding my bag down (containing all pillions gear). Done 200 miles like this...

Back