Where do you work and what do you do?

chicagogreg

Gadget Freak
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting thread!

I'm currently unemployed (on purpose), fixing up my house to be sold this spring/summer. Plan is to move (back) to San Diego.

My real job is technical sales management in the semiconductor industry.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Medtronic/Guidant? ;)
Hey crazybiker... The shop I work for does/has done some spinal Instruments for Medtronic. I myself am in the Micro department so I don't usually touch those bigger instruments, 90% machine on those. I have done some laser etching on Medtronic Inst. You work for them?

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I drive concrete trucks and I am also a mechanic at a concrete plant in Mt. an I also have A LOT of Craftsman tools. Keep makin those wrenches, I need some more ratchet wrenches.

I am pretty sure some of those titles took a long time to make up...:confused:

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I work full time as a boiler operator in a pulp & paper mill and part time as a technical writer for a company that specializes in industrial manuals and training.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like such a waste now, lol.

Currently unemployed but a full time student looking into something in the law field. Until last month, was working for Future Shop selling all the fun electronics.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I work in the engineering lab for an electric generating company. I test water samples from power plant boilers to make sure they keep operating at max efficiency. I've got 32 years in with the company and was planning on retiring this summer at 55. Between the economy and a son at Ohio State, looks like I'll be sticking around a while longer.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a sailmaker for Elvstrøm Sails in denmark.

http://www.elvstromsails.co.uk/

It is a great job and I enjoy going to work every day.

The pics are of the kind o things I make and the table is a new sewing table I have just built with my brother for a new type of sail we have just developed.

Steve

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
I work fot Rome Research crop. at a Naval Radio station in Dixon Ca. I am a Operator-Electronics Tech.

I am just happy to be able to ride my bike to a job!!!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I'm the Head of Professional Services in the UK for a Dutch web analytics company. We monitor web traffic for companies and help them improve their websites.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a production worker at the local Car Maunufaturing company... Holden (GM).

Starting Thursday morning, I will also have a second job as a shelter worker in a Shelter for homeless men. (Holden is copping it hard because of the global economic crisis, and are cutting back hours.. from 3 shifts to a 1 shift - 2 crew scenario.. 1 week on, 1 week off at 50% pay).

:)
I hope things pick up for you mate?

Nelly

W

wrightme43

Midas as a service writer/advisor, also I take care of the computers (as best I can) deal with insane people who honested believe changing thier oil made thier brakes wear out/transmission fail/ intake start leaking/ or the most special one yesterday. Dude brings his own thermostat and coil. Wants thermostat and #4 coil changed. I ask why? Its over heating and missing on #4. Sir do you think there might be some other problem? I would really like to do some diagnostics and find out what the real problem is. (thinking blown head gasket) Nope just change those, and use my coolant. We made less than 80$ before paying anyone. So one hour later. I get a call. You all blew up my engine, and on and on and on and on. Then his mom, you all blew up my sons engine. Of course they have a blown head gasket, I logged my conversation and the warrenty is simple. You brought your parts, so if they are bad, no warrenty on labor. If we did something wrong 90 days on labor.

Some people have no sense and just want to steal from businesses. They think we should buy them a engine. Not a gonna happen.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, so many diverse people with cool jobs but riding a fz6=)

Here's mine.
Im a full time logistics officer. doing import/export shipments in asia pacific. Basically plan shipments out and doing all the documentations needed.

and concurrently studying for a degree in business analytics.

Ooter

Reaction score
Visit site
Database systems developer for very small (20 person) consulting company. In short, I spend all day writing SQL queries against gigantic data warehouses (and building gigantic data warehouses)