What would you do with $200?

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my budget leaves me with a few dollars left over every month so there isnt much spending money to go around now that Ive got my own place.
However, I sold an old guitar amp for $200 today and am trying to decide where to invest it on my currently (brand new) stock FZ6.
Im just an average joe rider, like to do the twisties but just at a moderate pace, like to ride the superslab for a couple hours a weekend as well as commute to work every day of the week. Wringing its neck is never out of style though :rockon:

Just looking for suggestions as to what the "must do" mods are for all you guys out there. Its far too overwhelming right now with all the choices (FZ1 bars, maybe some luggage, FE kit, levers, save up for a TS seat, etc etc) so toss out your insight!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say do the FE kit and a good set of frame sliders. My next mod is definitely going to be some frame sliders to help out in case of a fall. There are also some really cheap mods you can do like the bd43 dual headlight mod (in the how-to section), paint your radiator covers to match, etc.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
First and foremost...:welcome:

Now, first and foremost for the mods. FRAME SLIDERS. Do a search on here and you'll find tons of possibilities. I've got the Puig ones but had the T-Rex ones you'll see on Ebay before that and they worked just fine. I only changed because I could get the Puig in blue to match the bike.

Then you could go simple first...FE kit, Pazzo-ASV-whatever levers, etc. Maybe an aftermarket windshield like the Puig (I've got one on my '06). You're going to find (and I think you already have) that the modding on this bike is endless. Because it's such a versatile bike (sport bike, sport-touring bike, commuter) there are so many great mods to make it your own.

Good luck to you and your wallet! :thumbup:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on board with a FE and sliders first. Then , if you have no luggage I'd think about a tankbag, tailbag and saddlebags (in that order). Don't be afraid to buy the luggage used - there's plenty of nearly new stuff out there for much cheaper. Then I'd start saving for an exhaust....

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
forgot to mention, frame sliders are already on, and already saved the bike when I dropped it on my first day with it hahaha
already got a to-do list of the more-or-less freebies, just looking for suggestions on things to buy

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
first and foremost in my mind is gear (good helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots, etc). i know its not a great way to spend money, but everybody should have proper gear.

after that, i would go for luggage if youre commuting.

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
A K&N air filter, K&N oil filter, modify your airbox cover (free, look how to on forum), advhesive tank pad protector to protect the paint on your tank from belt buckle scratches etc., colored wheel striping, yellow colored tire marker to fill in the letters on your tire wall giving it a diff look, brighter headlight bulbs, and a 12vdc receptacle for using a standard cigarette lighter wired GPS/radar detector/cell phone charger/cigarette lighter. You'll find all this stuff will total under $200.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
You could buy a good pair of boots, gloves, or riding pants if you don't already have them
If you already have good gear, you should buy some frame sliders, FE kit, etc. Then you can do the "cheap mods", like the dual lowbeam mod.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you dont have gear then put it toward a good jacket or some nice ass boots.. sidi makes great boots (once they are broken in).. good gloves are a must, and overpants are relativly cheap...

if you have gear... put it toward a seat or possibly a windscreen.. or definitly a tail bag if you dont have one... they make the bike very function...

or

IPOD!!!! :thumbup:

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
haha yup, Dainese Held and Sidi already in my closet.
And as I mentioned, looking for a single (or two) higher priced items to spend my money on, I will be dablling with all the little stuff when I dont have any spending money LOL
Keep em comin!

W

wrightme43

quality magnetic expandable tank bag with clear map pocket on top. The most usefull piece of equiptment on my bike. I use it constantly.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
well... this was short lived...
Friend convinced me to buy a set of Cardo Scala Rider Q2 headsets (bluetooth bike2bike) so we can communicate on superslab trips out to the mountains and around the city.
Got just enough left over for a FE kit.
Let the money pit begin!

But hey, lets keep the thread going for future research

W

wrightme43

pet monkey. Its the only answer. buy a pet monkey from a unlicensed pet monkey dealer. Make it wear a little top hat, and tux with tails while riding in your tank bag in a little monkey seat. Teach it to smoke and drink beer so it can smoke and drink beer while it rides the bike with you. Make sure it smokes those little tiny capri ciggarettes though.