What would you choose?

FZ6 is a far better bike than the FZ8...which is a parts bin special that didnt work in my eyes!!!

:thumbup:

I'm more talking about this:
dutch-fans1-560x361.jpg
I would prefer naked over faired!!! HEHEHEHE

Simple...whatever draws the crowd pictured above! Seriously, stick with the six...imo.

there are only a few bikes that make me really look.

- fz1 - for the obvious reasons. but i think if i really had the choice i'd stick with the 6 for gas reasons.

- buell xb12scg - sadly not made anymore. dang you harley!

- street triple - never ridden one but i love everything i see

out of those three i think the triple is only one i'd be really tempted to check out. but i think the six would win out. especially if i had a set of cans waiting for it.

Thanks for the reactions everybody.:) Today I got the prices of the bikes. The grey fz6n with abs(09): 6990 euro, The 3 fz6 fazer with abs(09): 7490 euro. And the fz8n with abs: 8499 euro, the fz8 fazer with abs: 8999 euro. So that makes for the faired ones a difference of 1509 euro...
I still could try to sell the akrapovic... But then again, I really liked the 6...
Damn, choosing is not easy... I still want to be happy in a couple of years...

Thanks for the reactions everybody.:) Today I got the prices of the bikes. The grey fz6n with abs(09): 6990 euro, The 3 fz6 fazer with abs(09): 7490 euro. And the fz8n with abs: 8499 euro, the fz8 fazer with abs: 8999 euro. So that makes for the faired ones a difference of 1509 euro...
I still could try to sell the akrapovic... But then again, I really liked the 6...
Damn, choosing is not easy... I still want to be happy in a couple of years...

So tell me something... do you commute and put on a lot of miles all year, or do you just joyride on weekends? I ask because if it's the first one, then I would say "6" even more strongly. But if you just joyride for fun, then maybe something a little faster might be a safer long-term bet, not that the 6 is anywhere near slow. Speaking only for myself, the 6 is pretty much the ultimate commuting weapon, bar none. Nothing else gets the mpg's, can handle hard bags, is comfy, and has so close to pure-sportbike performance, all for less than 7,500 euros. Nothing is so solidly in that commuting sweetspot, and I mean NOTHING.

Well, it is mainly for just fun that I have my bike. :) And I heard that the fz8 has a lower fuel consumption than the 6...It is 800cc, but the engine runs at lower rpm's... And there is absolutely no on-off reaction. It is really smooth. The only downside is that it is more expensive and is more boring because of the lineair power delivery.

Back