What would cause this problem? is it TPS?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read through this post very fast and may have missed it, but have you pulled the wires off the Safety Shut Off switch and plugged in and tightly secured a jumper wire so as to eliminate the switch? If you haven't please try this. If you know you're having an intermittent problem with this switch, it must be repaired/ replaced first before you try to guess what else it might be. I know you posted that it was loose but please humor me and make a jumper, tape it up and test ride it for a couple of days.....

Ok I will try this today. It is tough for me to be methodical and go step by step with long testing breaks in between because without a garage the weather usually tells me when I can and can't work on the bike so there is usually a flurry of activity all in one weekend. I put in some seafoam this weekend in case it was moisture in the tank so while I wait for that to run through I can also test bypassing the switch.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Kill switch has been wired up for two weeks and the problem has not resurfaced. After wiring the kill switch I also did a bolt check and found that one of the bolts holding in the ECU had worked itself completely loose so the ECU was actually able to bounce around. I have an inspection coming due this month and the killswitch needs to work for the bike to pass so I will be removing the wire so that should tell me one way or the other if it was the killswitch.

Thanks for all the replies

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kill switch has been wired up for two weeks and the problem has not resurfaced. After wiring the kill switch I also did a bolt check and found that one of the bolts holding in the ECU had worked itself completely loose so the ECU was actually able to bounce around. I have an inspection coming due this month and the killswitch needs to work for the bike to pass so I will be removing the wire so that should tell me one way or the other if it was the killswitch.

Thanks for all the replies
Good Job! :rockon:
Just order a new kill switch for it. Maybe from Ron Ayers?