What will be your epic ride for 2013?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the PHX area, went to school at ASU. But if I lived there, I would still be slabbin it to Southern Cal and ride their twisties. That's what I did when I lived in Vegas, the S. Cal riders/members welcome you and are great ambassadors when it comes to riding in their backyard.

I'm very fortunate that I was able to place all those great motorcycle roads on my resume, and I couldn't have done that without their help, often leading the way. And this forum too!:thumbup:

I agree that this forum has special members and it's really a pleasure and easy to hang with our members. There is great respect in regard to responsibility and safety on these rides and not one person is a slouch when it comes to brisker paces so our schedules are pretty tight with minimal drama. The main theme is safety, fun and comradery.

Kenny has always been a riding warrior braving miles on miles to come out and riding with us.

I've also gained a lot of experience from watching other riders and the conversations we've had on rides. Awesome experience.

I'm hoping for a ride this year to the northern parts of the state with some of the great members we have! :)

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that this forum has special members and it's really a pleasure and easy to hang with our members. There is great respect in regard to responsibility and safety on these rides and not one person is a slouch when it comes to brisker paces so our schedules are pretty tight with minimal drama. The main theme is safety, fun and comradery.

Kenny has always been a riding warrior braving miles on miles to come out and riding with us.

I've also gained a lot of experience from watching other riders and the conversations we've had on rides. Awesome experience.

I'm hoping for a ride this year to the northern parts of the state with some of the great members we have! :)

Do you get into the whole motovlog thing on youtube? I might be heading out your way in April with the AZ motovlog group.

Best meetup slogan i've ever heard is "when you ride with us, you ride alone." meaning you ride at your own pace, to your own comfort and we meet up when we meet up at the designated place.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you get into the whole motovlog thing on youtube? I might be heading out your way in April with the AZ motovlog group.

Best meetup slogan i've ever heard is "when you ride with us, you ride alone." meaning you ride at your own pace, to your own comfort and we meet up when we meet up at the designated place.

On larger rides we may take a few months organizing. We don't really coordinate video or any form of logging.
We just follow a prescheduled route and make sure all are safe and accounted for.
We also do many impromptu rides and sometimes have riders from 100 miles come out with us. Sometimes it's just local SD members with a member Jblk9695(Jerry) coming from San Bernardino more often than not. The last ride we did was I think Dec.5th on Sunrise Highway. We just have great fun!
Edit: If you're headed out this way give us a heads up! :)
Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel really bad Cliff, that I didn't get down south to ride with you guys at all this year. :spank:

It sure would be nice to have you guys come up this-a-way in 2013 and ride some of our NorCal roads with us! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel really bad Cliff, that I didn't get down south to ride with you guys at all this year. :spank:

It sure would be nice to have you guys come up this-a-way in 2013 and ride some of our NorCal roads with us! :rockon:

That's my plan John. I just have to coordinate a time/window! :)

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
So, after getting a little tired off all the gun control talk, surviving 12/21/2012 and dreaming about getting back on 2 wheels I thoght a fun thread would be a place for people to post their planned/dreamt of epic rides for 2013.

The days are getting longer, except you blokes down under, they be getting shorter. Many of you still have a few months of crappy weather to go, but why not put some thought into what the year could hold on the positive side of things.

I'm going for the Million Dollar Highway in June/July

Durango, CO to Ouray, CO - Google Maps

My year is up in the air, I just had hip surgery and it will keep me off of the bike for several months :(. Southern Colorado is def on the short list when I'm back in the saddle! I have done been up and down the Million Dollar Highway several times in the truck and i love it. It is on my list for the bike as is Mt Evans Highway Mount Evans - Highest Paved Road in North America, just have to be careful on the timing, the MDH can get bad after a rainy or windy day with gravel and large rock that fall from the road. I haven't checked out the Vermillion Cliffs NM yet but it is now on my list! Thanks for the link.

brucey

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Starting in Calgary ride west to Vancouver on the trans canada hwy.
Then take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo, Vancouver Island.
Ride up to Port Hardy, then a ferry to Bella Coola.
Ride east to Williams Lake, Kamloops and back home to Calgary.

I've been thinking of this trip for while now, I think it would be amazing.

Any advice about this route?
All the best to you guys:thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Starting in Calgary ride west to Vancouver on the trans canada hwy.
Then take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo, Vancouver Island.
Ride up to Port Hardy, then a ferry to Bella Coola.
Ride east to Williams Lake, Kamloops and back home to Calgary.

I've been thinking of this trip for while now, I think it would be amazing.

Any advice about this route?
All the best to you guys:thumbup:

This actually got me to thinking as to what to bring on a long trip for precautions. When I used to tour around in my old jeep I would bring a gallon of anti-freeze, 2 qt of oil, Tire slime, a tire pump, a 12v battery jumper and first aid kit.

I have never done an extended trip on the bike and maybe the more experienced riders can throw out what it is they keep for emergencies on their long trips.

Brucey that route looks pretty amazing BTW. Not trying to be a complete smartass but do you need to carry bear repellent and stuff when you're out in the woods there. My brother lives in Spokane, WA and he got a .44 magnum to carry when he goes out and about hiking and stuff.
View attachment 46072

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
My year is up in the air, I just had hip surgery and it will keep me off of the bike for several months :(. Southern Colorado is def on the short list when I'm back in the saddle! I have done been up and down the Million Dollar Highway several times in the truck and i love it. It is on my list for the bike as is Mt Evans Highway Mount Evans - Highest Paved Road in North America, just have to be careful on the timing, the MDH can get bad after a rainy or windy day with gravel and large rock that fall from the road. I haven't checked out the Vermillion Cliffs NM yet but it is now on my list! Thanks for the link.

Hey man if you want some suggestions to help heal up faster let me know. For my day job I'm kinda in the medical field. PM though if you want some help. I've got a few things that I've used in the past that have cut peoples down time in half.

brucey

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This actually got me to thinking as to what to bring on a long trip for precautions. When I used to tour around in my old jeep I would bring a gallon of anti-freeze, 2 qt of oil, Tire slime, a tire pump, a 12v battery jumper and first aid kit.

I have never done an extended trip on the bike and maybe the more experienced riders can throw out what it is they keep for emergencies on their long trips.

Brucey that route looks pretty amazing BTW. Not trying to be a complete smartass but do you need to carry bear repellent and stuff when you're out in the woods there. My brother lives in Spokane, WA and he got a .44 magnum to carry when he goes out and about hiking and stuff.
View attachment 46072

No guns in my tankbag.
Bear spray? nah...I'll just outrun em on my fz6...lol
Hey, thanks for posting the map of the route. Adventure!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@Cliff:

Washington and Oregon offer a riding experience that cannot be matched by the state of California. Go north playboy.

That is not to say anything bad about California so much as it speaks to the quality of the terrain north of that border...

It is properly amazing.

That is all. Carry on. Lol

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@Cliff:

Washington and Oregon offer a riding experience that cannot be matched by the state of California. Go north playboy.

That is not to say anything bad about California so much as it speaks to the quality of the terrain north of that border...

It is properly amazing.

That is all. Carry on. Lol

Say what! eh?

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Say what! eh?

I'll attempt to translate.

The riding in the Pacific NW (OR/WA) provides spectacular scenery, varying landscapes, and enjoyable roadways that you'll not find anywhere else in the continental US. From the mountains to the valleys, evergreen forest to deciduous, coastal sea to rivers it is all amazing.

With many rural roadways that take you from no stoplight towns to bright light cities you can quite literally see it all without the cramped feeling found in the northeast. Many Californians have migrated to the NW for this very reason.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll attempt to translate.

The riding in the Pacific NW (OR/WA) provides spectacular scenery, varying landscapes, and enjoyable roadways that you'll not find anywhere else in the continental US. From the mountains to the valleys, evergreen forest to deciduous, coastal sea to rivers it is all amazing.

With many rural roadways that take you from no stoplight towns to bright light cities you can quite literally see it all without the cramped feeling found in the northeast. Many Californians have migrated to the NW for this very reason.

This man understands!

I've not been able to find a riding experience anywhere like I've found between southern BC to the Redwoods.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to meet any of the cali boys either northern cal or Oregon and Washington. I have not planed any trips yet but would love to hook up with you guys. I had a great time riding with Vegas Rider and Lone Soldier 1.5 years ago. Please keep me in the loop if you don't mind. :thumbup: