What to do with gauge for naked conversion

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going naked this summer and wanted to know if there is a special bracket to buy for the gauge after the fairing is removed. if so, how much does it cost? and where can I get it? :rockon:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
jmerch44,
I just went naked not too long ago and I made my own mount for the speedo. I saw another member on the forum do the same and I just copied what he did.

Here's how it looked after I installed it:

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2105-speedo-mount-1.jpg

After I got it all together, the speedo tucked nicely behind the small windscreen I used:

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2292-newly-naked-6.jpg

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2289-newly-naked-3.jpg

There are few more pictures of the finished product in my album.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to get you a few more photos from the build or talk you through how I did it. Goodluck.

Armystrong~

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is what i did with mine
2ezmbtu.jpg
simple SS flat bar with two SS standoffs and your good to go, LMK if you need any help with it!

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm too lazy to make my own so I just bought a generic mount and drilled/cut it to mount my cluster.

28 bucks for this one and it's already powder coated, I consider that a fair price.

Here's a pic of it installed:
IMG_0150_med.JPG

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
He could just bend up some sheet and make a box for it... Throw some matte black on it, and it'd look super slick. +1 on creativity

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
That will work, looks nice!

REVIVE THREAD!!!! REVIVE!!!!!!!!!

Hey as I understand it this set up works great for you, I have a question about that gap between the light and the guage bracket (Aztec8 7" round light?). At speed, does the angle of that guage cause any change in position of the bracket. I can just picture going 100MPH and that guage slowly repositioning itself further toward the rider. Have you considered re-positioning the headlight brackets up a little bit to put the top of the headlight closer to the bottom of the guage bracket?

I just got that headlight, and I have the guage mounted ****eyed and zip-tied to the square black cable guide to the right of the ignition. I need a fabricator to hook me up with something so that I can keep the guage exactly the way I have it because I love the position and the distance from the headlight is perfect for me. Here have a look.

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
How can you see what your speed is? To me, it looks like anytime you would need to check, you would have to stand up a bit or lean really far forward. both unsafe IMO.