What kind of tires are on your FZ6?

BT-023 for me. I'm the kind of guy that probably over-researches things. For ~$215/set shipped, I could not find a better tire that offered consistently positive reviews on both grip and mileage near that price.

im running a set of pirelli diablos, cheapest i could find at the time but there brilliant, much more grip into corners then the bridgestones i had on before. also they seem to make the general handling of the bike much better and 4000 miles later they still look like new.

+1 More shinko love coming from me too! The tire can't be beat for the price, mileage or traction wise

At this point, I cant justify buying any other tire. So far I've been thru almost everything you can throw at these tires and they come thru with flying colors:thumbup:
It was PhranK2k11 that got me hooked on these.....thanks buddy:Flip:

I have had Pirellis on every one of my bikes (8+), prior to the FZ6, and they surely are super sticky - but that added traction comes at the price of mileage.

As I currently do 120kms (75mi+) per day, just going to work, I needed something that would meet my mileage needs, AND be sticky in the corners.

The Metzelers have a lot of high expectation to meet, but thus far, with nigh on 1000kms (602mi) on them already, in less than a week (!), I have found my Fizzer MUCH more nimble, and holds corners like a champ! (I was scraping pegs with less than 200kms (124mi), without a slip or shiver.)

Fantastic rubber!

Cheers,
Rick

At this point, I cant justify buying any other tire. So far I've been thru almost everything you can throw at these tires and they come thru with flying colors:thumbup:
It was PhranK2k11 that got me hooked on these.....thanks buddy:Flip:

Yeah I really wanna try a set if the z8s but when my set of shinkos go I think I'm gonna have a hard time going away from them. I can get crazy low and fast in the turns, get well over 10k on them and still have money for a spare tire too! They arnt as sticky as the diablos I had but way more miles, and way stickier than the stone 023's I had while getting better mileage!!!

Well i am new too and the used FZ I bought had some badly worn stock Dunlop's on it, first thing I wanted to replace the tires. Ordered some PR2's from the shop. Well there was a mix up and ended up with some Pirelli Angels
(my second choice) and are a really nice, sticky, dual compound tire.

Pilot Power front (7000 mi.avg.) Pilot Power 2CT rear (4500 mi. avg.)
Loved the Bridgestone BT 016's but couldn't quite get the mileage I do out of the Michelins. I found that the Bridgestone may stick just a little better than the Michelins, but I find the Pilot Powers to turn in a little quicker with less effort. But I have to confess...Cali rider has no problem keeping up with me or I with him with his BT 023's.. :spank: and that's with over 5,000 miles of riding together. :rockon:

dunlop Q2's, only have like 1500 miles on them so Im kinda undecided, I hit some twisties and you can see they got scrubbed pretty good lol but I for some reason am not as confident as I was with the pr2 on the rear. :confused:

I have Bridgestone BT-010 on mine, have always used them since the stockers wore out. I get about 11,000km on a rear and about 15,000km on a front, I do most of my riding two-up and only use front brakes.

BT-010.jpg

dunlop Q2's, only have like 1500 miles on them so Im kinda undecided, I hit some twisties and you can see they got scrubbed pretty good lol but I for some reason am not as confident as I was with the pr2 on the rear. :confused:

What pressures are you running?

BT 023's here. Hope to get over 10K on the set. After 17K on the OEM BT020's I quickly wore through BT 016's, too quick for me.

I've not come across a better tire than Michelin Road 2/3 tires. They are worth a slight premium.

Back