What is the top speed for our FZ6?

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done 244 indicated, 224km/h measured with radar and GPS. This was on a closed runway and was pretty much the fastest it would go with 6 test runs.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Believe it or not, the weight of the rider is almost negligible when talking about top speed. So long as the rider is not exceptionally wide or tall to impart a significant amount of additional drag...

The weight of the rider is absolutely significant since heavy riders are also large riders and large riders have a much higher coefficient of drag. There's a reason motoGP riders are all 120-170 lbs.

Also, proper riding leathers would produce less drag at high speed than baggy pants flapping in the wind.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. The mirrors were folded and I was trying to sit as aerodynamically as possible behind the fairing. With the mirrors up I couldn't go past 220 km/h measured by gps/radar so little things start to matter in higher speeds....

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
i hit 160 indicated mph slightly downhill but like 1-3% grade and that looked like all she had at 13500ish in 6th.. on that note..

Saw a cop on the other side of the road few miles down doing 130ish and slammed the breaks back end came up ever soo slightly was back to 75 real quick lol he didnt bother me... idk if it was because i showed him the respect of braking or if he didnt think he could catch me if i ran..

The 2012-2014 CHARGER cop cars top out at 151. so i guess he really couldn't.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The best I have seen on the road is 265km/h. On a dyno it topped out at 249km/h true, 276 indicated. Stock gearing, Akropovics and 5,500ft above sea level which robs more power than any large rider.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
With two up and going up I got around 200km/h, on the straight 215km/ and going down 226km/h, but the motorcycle isn't used to run with 6th gear... I rarely use it because I ride many times inside the city.

But with me alone I got almost 230km/h on a straight, and with plenty to go before redline.

"V"

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I did 126mph on stock, No calculations included. But I see most fo the people reached the peak of the bike already.
after that I remembered I might be pulled over and the bike will be taken from me, whithin 1 month of purchase.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These threads are funny and often end up a pi55ing contest lol.
I am 5' 6" and at the time was about 73kg.
I have a speedo healer installed and run stock gearing, which saw 158 mph or 254 kph. The speedo healer has a great function where you can recall your last highest speed with out trying to take silly one handed photos.
I was also traveling on the same bit of private road we all use to test top speedBlah. I do not condone speeding and have not traveled any where near to this speed since. It was purely a "See what she has got run".
As always ATGATT and if you are going to take risks make sure you are the only one who is going to be involved.

Nelly:thumbup:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These threads are funny and often end up a pi55ing contest lol.
I am 5' 6" and at the time was about 73kg.
I have a speedo healer installed and run stock gearing, which saw 158 mph or 254 kph. The speedo healer has a great function where you can recall your last highest speed with out trying to take silly one handed photos.
I was also traveling on the same bit of private road we all use to test top speedBlah. I do not condone speeding and have not traveled any where near to this speed since. It was purely a "See what she has got run".
As always ATGATT and if you are going to take risks make sure you are the only one who is going to be involved.

Nelly:thumbup:
Was it double confirmed with GPS? I feel better about your result than most because it has some corrections made, but would be interested how close to GPS accurate you are.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
I'v hit 155-8mph indicated(can't recall, was watching the road lol), had a little headwind though. Bike is completely stock. Flat ground. I'm about 5'7 142lbs.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was it double confirmed with GPS? I feel better about your result than most because it has some corrections made, but would be interested how close to GPS accurate you are.
I used GPS to confirm my speedo healer calibration when the adjustments were initially made.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want a video onboard with someone who corrected their speedometer to be accurate with GPS/true speed.
Just to play devils advocate we had a member on this site who used to do regular high speed runs >150mph and actually had the top end go on his bike.
These type of rev ranges and speeds are really operating at the upper end of the motors limits and do not come with out the added risk of engine damage/failure.
There is also very little difference in riding at 100 mph to 150 mph, both will see you banned.
Out of curiosity what is your ultimate interest in trying to establish the top speed of the FZ6?
Nelly

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good q Neil

What i would really like to see is a comparitve chart of speedo reading with real speed for true traffic/ highway riding
Anyone?
Anyone?

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies