What does everybody do for a living??

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a helicopter pilot, currently flying an Air Ambulance (the ugly bug-smasher in my avatar...) I will be taking a break from the ambulance for the summer, though - will be flying folks in and out of a remote fishing lodge in the Queen Charlotte Islands (northern BC). I'll be living at the Lodge - 2-weeks-on, 2-weeks-off, so lots of time off for riding - yay!!! Not to mention all the fresh salmon and halibut I can eat.... :D

Queen Charlottes COOL.. I worked at a Base In Sandspit looking after some MD500s Loved it... Its so beautiful up there.. Make sure you checkout the shipwrecks... ( Much easier by helicopter) (Need any AME's up there!!! lol)

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Queen Charlottes COOL.. I worked at a Base In Sandspit looking after some MD500s Loved it... Its so beautiful up there.. Make sure you checkout the shipwrecks... ( Much easier by helicopter) (Need any AME's up there!!! lol)

Lol - I would LOVE to have an AME up there! I'm going to be on my own at the fishing lodge - The crews and engineers for the S76 and the S61 will all be based in Sandspit... I don't even think they're endorsed on the LongRanger... My maintenance will be phoned-in from Vancouver - lol!!! :(

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol - I would LOVE to have an AME up there! I'm going to be on my own at the fishing lodge - The crews and engineers for the S76 and the S61 will all be based in Sandspit... I don't even think they're endorsed on the LongRanger... My maintenance will be phoned-in from Vancouver - lol!!! :(

LongRanger eh.... and no AME.... Take your fishing rod!!

Its a long way from Richmond to the Lodge

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fudegefz6, our ship went to visit canada, novia scotia halifax. when we ported up, we took on a lot of canadian sailors which came to meet us us sailors and take us out for fun. you guys rock and you can sure drink me under the table hehe.

Data

What town am I in?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in track service for a tire company supplying the tires to the "World of Outlaws" sprint car circuit (a traveling circus basically), so I get to see most of the US over the course of a year. Sometimes I am able to take the bike along and do some local touring, time permitting.

Last year I spent a day riding north of Vancouver and that was a cool trip- I even saw the world's biggest truck somewhere up there.

It's a great job as long as you can live on the road nine months a year.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I work with Emotionally Handicapped kids at a high school (think OCD, ODD, ADHD, etc.), in an alternative program. I am actually called a "classroom assistant" but I am basically a tutor, counselor, and in some cases confidante to kids who can't handle being in the mainstream without serious support, and kids who have a lot of trouble at home. It is a very emotionally trying job and I kinda hate it (I love the kids, I just suck at classroom management), but I need something like this so I can continue to get my master's in school counseling, which I am halfway through...

fazer513

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 25 years of farming I now thoroughly enjoy working in a motorcycle dealership. I handle the spares and accessories for Yamaha, Triumph and Kawasaki motorcycles and ATV's.:)

enjoytheride68

Reaction score
Visit site
I work part time, 2 to 2.5 weeks a month for my dad installing radiant heat in a condo complex being built in San Fransico. Then when I am back home in Sunnyside Wa, I work part time for the local Yamaha dealer, Desert Power sports in Prosser Wa. Just enjoying life. Its all good, Jim:thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Electrical Engineer for the largest ECAD software developer/reseller in North America.

Also starting Grad School in the Fall...

Last edited:

tag1963

Reaction score
Visit site
I served in the US Navy for 24 years retiring in 2005 as a Chief Petty Officer. I now work for the Navy as a Project Manager for the DDG program.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am warehouse manager at a DHL Healthcare specialized warehouse keeping 150 employees happy and our customers as well.

Besides that I started school again last year trying to get a degree in logistics management.

Even sometimes I am in front of a class, training people their safety skills. After being a volunteer fire fighter for over 13 years as an officer, I went to school to become a trainer in fire fighter skills.

Nice to see the jobs everyone has.

Pondrat

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a nurse practitioner. I work nights as a hospitalist, which basically means that I browse this forum all night until someone pages me because a patient is going down the tubes. Then I go see the patient, try to fix him/her, and then get back to my office so I can search on the internets another 2 hours for the perfect saddlebags for my FZ6 :) Oh, and I get to sleep a lot at work too (as long as no one is dying!) Oh, and in the words of Dr. Nick, "I can prescribe anything I want, baby!" That's how I paid for my new bike. Just kidding. Kind of. ;)

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I am an accountant myself. After a few years on the job, I am sure it's going to be a boring life unless I get out of this profession. Waiting for the right time...