What do FZ6 riders graduate to in bikes?

bjorn240

Reaction score
Visit site
You're a long ways from my home... If you would like to bring that bike down to Texas later this summer, we may can work a deal...:rockon:
Knoxville looks about halfway.
Knoxville-Sunsphere-KTS-2403.jpg

daredevil27

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my FZ6 but later down the road ill get either an R1 the FZ1. I doubt id ever use the potential of an R1 and the FZ's are the most comfortable and customizable bikes ive ever seen. They can be anything you want from sportster to touring to super sportish to streetfighter. I also love FZ1inNH's Z1! On an unrealistic note if i had the money maybe id get at 2006 MV Agusta F4CC or a Benelli 1130 and you cant forget about the Tomahawk haha or the MTT Turbine Superbike!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Knoxville looks about halfway.
Knoxville-Sunsphere-KTS-2403.jpg

I'd love to have your bike... Let's see how you fill about this later this summer...

I'll be around this site, and you guys will be the 1st to know when I'm ready to get my FZ6...:thumbup:

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
In the spring I'll be looking for a new bike.

I'll be looking very hard at a STR.

I traded my FZ6 for a STR and have never looked back. The only time I miss my Fazer is when I am on the highway for longer than 30 minutes. Other than that, I would pull the trigger on the Trumpy, great bike, nimble as can be, almost telepathic, I never have to consciously do much just imagine the bike doing it and wallah.Smoooooooooooooooth

Argyle

abstract thinker
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 is an interesting bike. It's a solid jack-of-all-trades bike that can adapt to a lot of different applications. Touring, commuting, track day... it does it all. This, along with price, is the reason I settled on the FZ6 when I was looking for a new bike.

Problem is, the curse and the blessing are the same - though it can do all of those things, it's not really great at any of them. This is not a slam, don't get me wrong. You just can't make a bike that does everything extremely well.

After riding the 6 for a few years now, I realize I want more upright ergos and more grunt/torque. The FZ6 is quick (at high RPM, scary quick) but that's just really not me. Plus, I've always wanted a european twin or triple.

I will make a few adjustments to the FZ to get me through another couple of years. Some bar risers, maybe some barkbusters, a better windscreen. When I'm ready to get a new bike, I'll be looking at the Triumph Tiger 800, BMW F800GS or R1200GS. Maybe the Ducati Multistrada or Hyperstrada. I'm not much for off road, but the capability will be nice to have if I ever give it a try. Hopefully the next bike will be a 10+ year keeper.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I traded my FZ6 for a STR and have never looked back. The only time I miss my Fazer is when I am on the highway for longer than 30 minutes. Other than that, I would pull the trigger on the Trumpy, great bike, nimble as can be, almost telepathic, I never have to consciously do much just imagine the bike doing it and wallah.Smoooooooooooooooth

How's the service on the bike? That's the only thing that keeps me being 100%.

I think I'd like a 2012.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Graduate to an Fz1. Slightly more sporty. More power, and still not scary (well if you got some stones). Good handling however like all Yamaha's needs to be resprung and/or rear shock changed out.

Other options in my mind
Fz8, Fz-09, Street Triple R, Speed Triple R, BMW R1200R, BMW S1000R, Tuono V4R, Ninja 1000, Aprilla Shiver 750, Aprilia Dorsoduro, Duc Streetfighter 848, etc, etc.

I look at the Fz6 is a great beginner bike. Enough to give you a little thrill, enough to build skills, and versatile enough in riding position that you can adapt to different type bikes afterward.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Snoop. Now that I'm hooked in a triple torque, that would take a lot to convince me to trade her in for another I-4.

FZ-09 is quite a nice ride for the $$$!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
How's the service on the bike? That's the only thing that keeps me being 100%.

I think I'd like a 2012.

Mine is a 2010, honestly I like the headlights better on these, but yeah the newer ones have ABS, might be worth the extra grand or so for the 2013-14 models. Service schedule is not bad, I have a great mechanic who does most of my work.

the 14's are in the shops now and you may be able to get a good deal on the 13's in the winter.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
My dyno run this morning / base run I did 3 weeks ago. My exhaust and EJK fuel controller. I was hoping better gain at top end but +4HP all across is fine. Torque curve is quite nice... Big gain around 5K! :rockon::rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
My dyno run this morning / base run I did 3 weeks ago. My exhaust and EJK fuel controller. I was hoping better gain at top end but +4HP all across is fine. Torque curve is quite nice... Big gain around 5K! :rockon::rockon:

Marty you make me want the FZ-09 real bad, but the insurance on the FZ-09 is more than 2x of a STR for me.:confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Impressive that front end is going to pull up with the weight,torgue and HP ratings you're showing! Impressive work!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably catch heat for this one but I love the new Honda CB1100. It's just new old-school cool to me. Makes me miss my '80 CB750F just looking at it.

That, or a Bonnie.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I almost bought a Bonnie before my FZ6. Wish I had and then bought the FZ6 too. :cheer: Thought I needed a starter bike (I just ended my second season of riding). While the FZ6 is considered by many to be a starter bike, I don't think so. It does great commuting and excellent in the twisties. I'll keep the FZ6 for sure but will probably add another one soon. Just takes $$$$

Hubbie will have to build another motorcycle garage in the yard to hold all our bikes. I have his 86 VFR750 in my guest room for the winter as it is. "sorry family and friends, no room at the inn this winter". That's a fun bike to ride! Tons of torque, sporty riding position, and sounds sexy.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Triumph Tiger will likely be next, and the fizzer ain't goin nowhere

Man Triumph makes some attractive bikes...the Trophy posted earlier reminded me that I'm supposed to love that bike, and that Tiger looks like what I'd like my fz6 to grow up to be.