What car(s) do you have/drive?

Dmitry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, what cars, if any, do people here drive/have? My most used means of going anywhere is the bike, but since my wife got a new car (Juke, 1.6 Turbo, actually quite nice to drive), I got her Ford Ka, for those cold, rainy and/or snowy days, or while bike is repaired.

Dmitry

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
In the winter, a Cadillac that used to be my grandpa's.

Spring to fall, a Plymouth Voyageur.

No idea what years they are, but kind of old. We've been talking about getting a newer vehicle, but the old ones still work, and dh is a mechanic, so our cars pretty much need a broken frame in order to leave the yard for good.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
2000 GMC Yukon XL and a 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer (5.4 V8). Combined mileage >300,000.

Doing my part to keep the oil companies in business.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
92 Ford E150 Converted when i DJ
03 Nissan 350Z with upgrades when i dont

Thought about getting a mazda speed 3 but i like everything being paid off :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
03 Mazda Protege5 5sp. Got'er brand new.. 93k on'er now.
5 year old pic:

p547bx.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wife has a 2005 Nissan Murano. Just sold my 2003 Mazda Miata :( Currently shopping for a 2005 or newer dual-cab long-bed 4x4 Toyota Tacoma (so keep your eyes open for me).

I drive a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse with a buttload of work done to it. Fully built motor, stage 5 turbo system with stand alone fuel management system, Massive FMIC, big brakes, suspension work, etc. Check out my link if you are interested.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/766280/1999-mitsubishi-eclipse

Wow. Living in NYC, where do you take it to stretch its legs?

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 30 years young and don't own a car, actually I don't even know how to drive one.

I know it sounds weird to you, but have in mind where I live.

Here a fz6 is a luxury bike, better don't talk about a 1000cc, or a bmw, a ducati is definitely for rich people.
Actually people in my neighborhood think I am wealthy and I am far far far far ... far away of being such thing :D

A Nissan Murano here for a common person ... no way, you have to be pretty wealthy or a gangster jijiji

Toys are pretty expensive here.

Cheers

Last edited:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I drive a 2011 Subaru Legacy
2011-Subaru-Legacy-2.5i-2.jpg

and my wife drive a 2010 Subaru WRX
ag_09wrx_frtlt1.jpg

That car is way too fun to drive. I can assure you that I am nowhere near responsible enough to drive that thing everyday.:BLAA:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Wife has a 2005 Nissan Murano. Just sold my 2003 Mazda Miata :( Currently shopping for a 2005 or newer dual-cab long-bed 4x4 Toyota Tacoma (so keep your eyes open for me).

Wow. Living in NYC, where do you take it to stretch its legs?

I grew up in LI, and worked on the car there from when I bought it as a senior in HS all through college and a little after until I moved into Manhattan. Once I moved out, my parents no longer wanted the car cluttering their driveway, so I now have it parked in my work garage in CT. Nothing beats long term free parking, right?

As far as getting into her, I drove 250 miles each way to college for 4 years of my life, and had a lot of fun with it back then. Also, growing up on the island, there are long stretches of straight flat road near the beaches where I would take her out and have fun.

To be honest, I have little use for the car anymore and I would be happy to let her go for the right price. Has been taken care of, and all the work was done by myself so I know she is true.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
2001 Toyota Tundra (still in the family)
2006 Mazda 6i (totaled)
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 GT (traded)
1991 Mazda Miata with 1.8L Flying Miata swap (AutoX) (sold)
1993 Twin turbo 5-speed RX-7 (track) (sold)
2010 Acura TSX <---current daily

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
2001 Toyota Tundra (still in the family)
2006 Mazda 6i (totaled)
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 GT (traded)
1991 Mazda Miata with 1.8L Flying Miata swap (AutoX) (sold)
1993 Twin turbo 5-speed RX-7 (track) (sold)
2010 Acura TSX <---current daily

Twin turbo on an RX-7? Not familiar with such a setup. Seems a little odd considering it runs a rotary motor with 3 exhaust ports. Most tuners I knew just tossed a nice size BW on there and built it beast.

Got any pics of the motor?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Twin turbo on an RX-7? Not familiar with such a setup. Seems a little odd considering it runs a rotary motor with 3 exhaust ports. Most tuners I knew just tossed a nice size BW on there and built it beast.

Got any pics of the motor?

Um pretty sure the 93s came stock tt but anyways i got a 06 Chevrolet 3500hd that i bought new and in 9 months that bitch is mine o mine (paid off)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh..just read up and it appears I know less than I thought about Mazda. I am a DSM man at heart.

Both the RX-7 and 8 run their rotary motor, but the 3rd generation (1993) motor had a sequential twin turbo setup. Interesting stuff.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh..just read up and it appears I know less than I thought about Mazda. I am a DSM man at heart.

Both the RX-7 and 8 run their rotary motor, but the 3rd generation (1993) motor had a sequential twin turbo setup. Interesting stuff.

You want to see a bad arse rotary look up the mazda 787b

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Toyota minivan. Oh yeah, you know you're jealous of the swagger wagon.

With the V6, all wheel drive and traction control, it doubles as an SUV for us when we go camping or to the snow.