What car(s) do you have/drive?

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
90 mitsu eclipse gsx untill a connecting rod shot through rlthe block, three weeks after I bought it. But I do drive a 1973 gran torino its a beast.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh..just read up and it appears I know less than I thought about Mazda. I am a DSM man at heart.

Both the RX-7 and 8 run their rotary motor, but the 3rd generation (1993) motor had a sequential twin turbo setup. Interesting stuff.

All mazda RX-x had Rotaries I believe RX-7 FC (2nd generation RX-7) was the fist one turboed from factory i remember they had a FC turbo-II edition FD's came twinturbo all over the world, US marked had NA auto version as well. RX-8 is the same displacement 2-rotor 1.3L wankel however its "Renesis" out of the box it produses same numbers as FD motor however has no potential when turboed. FD motors run 600hp with a bigger turbo and a nice port job.

All cars of that era in the same class were twin turbo:

Mitsubishi 3000gt (v6 tt)
Toyota Supra (i6 tt)
Mazda RX-7 (2rotor tt)
Nissan 300zx (v6 tt)

Oh the good ol' days :D

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
All mazda RX-x had Rotaries I believe RX-7 FC (2nd generation RX-7) was the fist one turboed from factory i remember they had a FC turbo-II edition FD's came twinturbo all over the world, US marked had NA auto version as well. RX-8 is the same displacement 2-rotor 1.3L wankel however its "Renesis" out of the box it produses same numbers as FD motor however has no potential when turboed. FD motors run 600hp with a bigger turbo and a nice port job.

All cars of that era in the same class were twin turbo:

Mitsubishi 3000gt (v6 tt)
Toyota Supra (i6 tt)
Mazda RX-7 (2rotor tt)
Nissan 300zx (v6 tt)

Oh the good ol' days :D

Yup..back when men were men, and women were men too :p

It's a shame the age of the "Japanese muscle" car is a thing of the past...

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
A Nissan Murano here for a common person ... no way, you have to be pretty wealthy or a gangster jijiji

Spock...very different indeed. A person with no wealth at all and a low paying job can finance or lease a very expensive car here very easily. You definitely cannot not judge wealth by the type of car someone drives (in the US).

I thought all the Colombian gansters drove Isuzu Troopers? :BLAA:

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Back and forth to work for me is the FZ or co-workers, wife drives the 08 F150 Supercrew 4x4. Sometimes it sucks only having the one cager.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Thing of the past? They still have some of the best performance cars in the 20k-35k range and about that renisis -sp? I herd that mazda offer the first rebuild on them for free because they wernt lasting to long, imo mainly because ppl who own the rx8s dont drive them like tthey were ment to be driven....above 6k alot

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Spock...very different indeed. A person with no wealth at all and a low paying job can finance or lease a very expensive car here very easily. You definitely cannot not judge wealth by the type of car someone drives (in the US).

I thought all the Colombian gansters drove Isuzu Troopers? :BLAA:

jajajaa

LOL

you're right my friend, things are different in both sides of the pond :D

Marketing and brands is a funny thing, since Isuzu has not been a popular brand here Troopers are chevrolet.

Same thing with well known cars to our European fellows, Opel Astra and Corsa are also chevrolet, and some European Dacia models have been sold here as Renault.

:thumbup:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't the rotary set up in the RX-8?

maxda's rotary code for their cars is rx. any car they make with an rx in the beginning had a rotary. rx3, rx7, rx8 also they made a truck with a rotary and a car from the mid 60s called a cosmo sport or a 110b i believe. nad the rx8 has a larger displacement than the 7s did since to accomodate for a more livable midrange, as it is a four door everyday kind of car where the rx-7 was built to compete with exotics (the porsche 911) and as the rx-8 is an NA and the rx-7 is forced induction. also the motors do indeed like to sit around 6-7k.

anyhoo, i drive the most bangin car of all, a 1992 BLACK VOLVO 240 STATION WAGON.:bow: and an '88 GMC Sierra 1500 when i do construction work. so if you see a twotone blue truck with a red door in nashville gimme a lane swerve and a thumbs up.

Last edited:

Trev

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife's...

1f7eff38.jpg

Mine.....

11057.jpg

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thing of the past? They still have some of the best performance cars in the 20k-35k range and about that renisis -sp? I herd that mazda offer the first rebuild on them for free because they wernt lasting to long, imo mainly because ppl who own the rx8s dont drive them like tthey were ment to be driven....above 6k alot

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Meh..just not what they used to be. Way back when you could pick up a Supra, RX-7, 300ZX, or 3000GT and have a crazy, and very capable platform at low cost. You could spend a little less and get something like an Eclipse turbo model, 240SX, etc and have a very workable platform for even cheaper.

Now a days you want something awesome and you gotta drop 70K on a GT-R, or 30K on a lower end Evo or Sti.

I dont know, I just feel like those days are fading as we move to a more green world.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 BMW 320d, sparkling graphite, black leather, 6 speed manual.

It now has 112,000km on and runs like brand new. Fuel economy is phenomenal and it tows my bike on the trailer as if there was nothing there.

IMG_5997.jpg

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife drives a 2006 Kia Sedona and I drive a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade. The pic is my son by the Jeep at Jeep Jam.

ryan00ss

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of my past obsessions before the FZ...(I'm a muscle car guy:rockon:)

2000 Camaro SS. Made just shy of 400 rwhp
HPIM5211.jpg

Mine and a buddy's Ford Mustang Mach 1
n617251351_1411022_3745.jpg

2000 Lifted Chevy Silverado
n617251351_2736193_1074451.jpg

My most recent babies.. 98 ram 4x4 and the fizzer :rockon:
IMAG0008.jpg

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I drive a 2000 Saab Viggen, modified to make a stupid amount of front-drive power.

These days, though, I get most of my go-fast thrills on the FZ6. Thrills come more easily when you're not wrapped in steel. Better gas mileage too. And the Viggen is partial to premium.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
i believe. nad the rx8 has a larger displacement than the 7s did

motors do indeed like to sit around 6-7k.

Some first gen 7's and all other mazda rotary 7's and 8's have 1.3 liter engines. The difference is in the porting.

And rotary engines are happy to run 1k or 10k rpm's all day long. Of course the power does come on later.

Oh yea, 2004 Ranger 4.0 and a 96 Miata that will be replaced this winter with a newer one or one of the newer Pontiac GTO's.

kowalski4

Reaction score
Visit site
`74 vette 406cu 5-speed. This was my hobby prior to getting the FZ this year, took the car out a whopping 3 times this summer- damn that bike:Flash:

Also a 2003 Dakota for those rainy days, also V8 5-speed