Want to buy a Steble horn and have questions

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
It makes it a lot easier. I believe I used that one and it comes with a relay and its real simple to connect.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure you use a heavier gauge wire from the battery. If you buy the kit, I think it will come with the heavier wire. How heavy? You're probably safe with a 14 gauge.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a steble horn and plug & play cable for sale for $50. I went naked and there is no room to install it.
The cable is direct plug & play and has a relay and a fuse. Just connect it to battery and plug the stock horn wires.

11l0qp5.jpg

2db9l37.jpg

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
I have a steble horn and plug & play cable for sale for $50. I went naked and there is no room to install it.

You can always mount it exposed. Several of us have run this way for years! The horn seems pretty robust.:thumbup: This location makes it easy to cleanly run wiring by following the clips supporting the sidestand switch wiring.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can always mount it exposed. Several of us have run this way for years! The horn seems pretty robust.:thumbup: This location makes it easy to cleanly run wiring by following the clips supporting the sidestand switch wiring.

Thanks Jim.. but its so close to the exhaust manifold.. would there be any problems...

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Thanks Jim.. but its so close to the exhaust manifold.. would there be any problems...

Not at all. There's a nice open hole there that makes it easy to mount. I've got about 20K miles and several years running with it there, and I'm not the original person to suggest this location. This horn is so much louder than any alternatives, I'd hate to see someone quit using it just because they went naked.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The plug-n-play kit made it real easy to install. I mounted it in the same place where the old horn was with out any problems, (it hasn't bottom out on the front fender). It is a alot louder than the stock horn and people can hear me now. Good luck.

Doc

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
installed 3 of these over time with 12 gauge wire i ran with no issues. bought a few packages of connectors and wired it just fine. ive had luck with all 3 relays included im happy to say.