waiving in a sharp turn

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty much unwritten rule...if taking your hands off to waive could result in your not living any longer...no one is going to be offended:cheer:

Focus Daniel-san...FOCUS!!!:spank:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
so while i road yeasturday i saw a lot of bikes when i was making a sharp turn i just couldnt stick my hand out to waive do you guys waive in really sharp turns?

Only when I feel like showing off.

You know, on a Colorado high country sweeper, passing a Harley Davidson on the outside, and waving with me left hand as I blow by him.

I wouldn't do it if I wasn't confident in my ability to make the corner one-handed.

Fred

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard that the advanced rider courses teach weaving and turning with only one hand. It is possible but I like keeping both hands on the handlebars unless I feel safe.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Only when I feel like showing off.

You know, on a Colorado high country sweeper, passing a Harley Davidson on the outside, and waving with me left hand as I blow by him.

I wouldn't do it if I wasn't confident in my ability to make the corner one-handed.

Fred

Fred,

You and I are alot alike, lol.

-bryan

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I always take both of my hands off and hold the bike steady in leaned position with my legs, and clap as I pass by other bikers in sharp turns.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard that the advanced rider courses teach weaving and turning with only one hand. It is possible but I like keeping both hands on the handlebars unless I feel safe.

Yes, this is correct. The Experienced Rider's Course has you perform riding and weaving with one hand in the very first Range Excercise "Control at Low Speed"