Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Just completed my naked conversion :D

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFtClwCZb0E[/nomedia]

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Xx76c3ABY[/nomedia]

:Sport:

Very nice, How difficult would you say it is?

I know i have suggested this to a few people and wasn't even sure how possible it was and to what difficulty.

Still missing the mini fairing for the headlight on this pic... will be back from paint on Wednesday :rockon:

Doing it on an '07 would be pretty much the same thing, except you`d have to figure out a way to mount the speedo somewhere (since it's diff). It should really not be that difficult anyway.

Looks good! Is that the GSX-R headlight on the front?

Powdering coating the upper tripple and maybe ever the inner fork tube is a must...but then you would have to do the exhaust as well. Just make it all black...

-bryan

Well done on doing both the conversion and the videos.

How many hours did it take you to do the conversion all up?

Can I see blue preload adjusters on the forks there? Tell me about them.

Heya CamKawa, thank you.

The conversion can be done in one full day... say from 10:00am through 8:00pm with a couple hours of break time for beer :)
If you are fast and you have everything you need handy, you can probably make it happen in 6hours... what takes a long time (for me) is the wiring, and the details, i.e. fab of the brackets, cleaning the front end, adjusting the headlight...etc.

I had to do it in 2 days this time because we have a baby at home hehe

You are right about the fork adjusters, I have the R6 forks...

The mini fairing is still not painted...

So I finished up a few things I had on the list: cleaned the lasers and removed the rear hugger today... and painted the beat-up custom headlight brackets as well (flat black... still looks bad but whatever).

I did not wash the bike though...

View attachment 1634 View attachment 1635

buddy i need your help!! whre did u get the parts for the uk naked version?? i'm from the uk and love it compared to the faired.. any help would be greatly appreciated mate

Back