Vegasrider gets a speeding ticket!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally, I got a speeding ticket. Not only a speeding ticket, but a ticket from a motorpatrol officer. He got me good, as I took off from a red light but failed to let off the throttle, according to the leo. I told him I was separating from traffic, and he understood 100%. But he said I never slowed down once I separated. I said I was about to, but it was too late. He even said I could accelerate agressively and get good separation before the cars even crossed the street, which is true Oh well, I'm not going to change my riding style. I told him he's going to get me everytime. He wrote me for 5 over, I didn't even know how fast I was going. But he said I was going 48 in a 35. I'm not upset at all and I could careless either way if he gave me warning or not. Not sure how some people can get upset over a speeding ticket, but they do. I'm just not one of them. Nice way to ring in the New Year.

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch man.. welcome to the club... I've gotten several speeding tickets in my day... but in a car.

I ride pretty conservatively, but I'm sure one of these days, I'll do the same thing and get caught by a cop.

Speaking of speeding tickets, as I was riding home from work today, I saw a moto-CHP zoom by me at 100+ mph. I wondered why he was going so fast. Turns out, as I looked ahead, there was a car cutting / weaving through traffic. This cop was pulling all the stops to catch up to that maniac, swerving (dangerously) through traffic. When I saw his lights turn on, the guy didn't pull over and actually pretended to take an off-ramp... in the last minute, he pulled out... but so did the cop. This guy is so ****ed. :D

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks man...hope the rest of the year goes smoother...I bet you just wanted to hear those pipes scream abit eh?..:squid:..j/k

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks man...hope the rest of the year goes smoother...I bet you just wanted to hear those pipes scream abit eh?..:squid:..j/k

I wouldn't feel bad for Ken, he intentionally antagonizes the cops on the Vegas Strip to see if they'll ticket him. $50 lawyer and you're out of the ticket anyway. Bastard:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't feel bad for Ken, he intentionally antagonizes the cops on the Vegas Strip to see if they'll ticket him. $50 lawyer and you're out of the ticket anyway. Bastard:thumbup:

Yup, that's the way it works in this town. Ironically, just this past weekend, I found myself sandwiched between two motorcycle cops on the freeway. My speedo indicated 80mph cruising down the left lane in the left line. Saw a motorcycle cop come up behind me, crusing in my lane but staggered crusing down the right line, the way a bike should. I maintained my speed, I never slowed down. He stayed behind me and then another motorcycle cop merged onto the freeway and merged ahead of me into my lane, but riding down the right line. So now, there were the three of us riiding staggered, me in the middle , all three of us going 80 mph. for the first time, I wasn't sure what to do. It was the oddest thing. I'd figured that the cop behind me would eventually pass me and they would go riding together but he never did. I ended up taking an exit a couple of miles later, I couldn't take the weird scenario anymore.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep Vegas, lives in a place where they won't take away his license. Double bastard....
Nelly.

PS happy new year Vegas.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, that's the way it works in this town. Ironically, just this past weekend, I found myself sandwiched between two motorcycle cops on the freeway. My speedo indicated 80mph cruising down the left lane in the left line. Saw a motorcycle cop come up behind me, crusing in my lane but staggered crusing down the right line, the way a bike should. I maintained my speed, I never slowed down. He stayed behind me and then another motorcycle cop merged onto the freeway and merged ahead of me into my lane, but riding down the right line. So now, there were the three of us riiding staggered, me in the middle , all three of us going 80 mph. for the first time, I wasn't sure what to do. It was the oddest thing. I'd figured that the cop behind me would eventually pass me and they would go riding together but he never did. I ended up taking an exit a couple of miles later, I couldn't take the weird scenario anymore.
They are ganging up on you mate, messing with your head lol.
What would you have done if one came up on the inside to? I guess you would just have to have gone where they were going lol.
Maybe one cop was showing the other cop who to look out for in your town. LOL.

Nelly

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the trick is, if your going to speed, go faster than the cops want to chase you...(<< sarcasm):squid:

cops here in MD dont give a rats a$$ about bikes, we have a "no chase rule" (90% of the day, if its 3am and no cars on the road, your gonna get chased) but from being in the car doing radar, when you see a bike doin 95mph, and your heart starts beating real fast, its a real let down when the cop says, screw it, we'll never catch him.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds like something off of super troopers. :D

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad for the ticket - but then again, you don't sound too bummed.

Odd on the moto-cops group ride. We don't have them around here - ours just hide in sneaky side roads just waiting for you to buzz by.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pretty awesome that he only wrote you up for 5 over after you said "i dont care, you can give them too me all day i'll speed anyway!" haha

unless you really weren't speeding and he just wanted to say you were since you weren't sure how fast you were going.

i was late for work today and was going about 30 over... i was nervous the whole time but i thought "if i get a ticket at least that'll be an excuse as to why i'm late for work"

every ticket i've ever received i deserved. so i'm certainly with you on people getting upset over them. maybe they don't have the money to pay for the ticket but that's the whole point. it's a penality for breaking the law

dgregory

Reaction score
Visit site
I also got a speeding ticket near Las Vegas last year. I was returning from Mt. Charlston on my FZ6 and encountered two State Trooper cars coming towards me up the mountain. I shut it down from 100 mph but it was too late they had clocked me. Both cars did a sycronized u-turn and turned on their lights. I pulled over right away.
They said they had me going 93 in a 55 and that was a felony. I was sweating. They turned out to be cool when I told them I was visiting from Arizona. The ticket I got was for 10 miles over and cost me 300$. Much better than getting a lawyer and returning for court.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to Canada last summer and got pulled over by Medicine Hat but the nice Mountie said he would give me a break, thank you very much!! I was going 42 KPH (whatever that is) OVER the limit but he let me off with a warning. What a nice fella!! GO CANADA!!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
only 5 over? consider yourself lucky.

My first speeding ticket, 76 in a 55(in my car), the chp officer wrote me for 10 over. There was NOTHING I could do to get out of it, he started writing it before he even talked to me.

Haven't been pulled over yet on the bike, but I've been followed quite a few times by LEO's. I abide by all the laws and then pull into a parking lot and they pass by, I know that pisses them off:)

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to Canada last summer and got pulled over by Medicine Hat but the nice Mountie said he would give me a break, thank you very much!! I was going 42 KPH (whatever that is) OVER the limit but he let me off with a warning. What a nice fella!! GO CANADA!!

Wow, thats awesome. I have not had the same luck with the RCMP...

Today I was driving back from BC and saw 8 RADAR traps over the course of 20 minutes. :eek:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I found myself sandwiched between two motorcycle cops on the freeway

In the UK we have BIKESAFE Link

I plan on doing it this year, as part of the course you get to go for a ride with a police biker following you. They give you tips on how you can improve your riding, and stuff.

Everyone I know that has been on the course really enjoyed it, and had a good laugh with the officers.

Last edited:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
only 5 over? consider yourself lucky.

My first speeding ticket, 76 in a 55(in my car), the chp officer wrote me for 10 over. There was NOTHING I could do to get out of it, he started writing it before he even talked to me.

Haven't been pulled over yet on the bike, but I've been followed quite a few times by LEO's. I abide by all the laws and then pull into a parking lot and they pass by, I know that pisses them off:)

Doubt it pisses the police off when someone abides by all the laws.
There are plenty of violators then to have to try to follow someone until they do commit a violation. JMHO;)

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
It's good to hear someone just MAN-UP and deal with it. I never could never uderstand bitching and moaning about getting a ticket for doing something they new was illegal.:thumbup:

Finally, I got a speeding ticket. Not only a speeding ticket, but a ticket from a motorpatrol officer. He got me good, as I took off from a red light but failed to let off the throttle, according to the leo. I told him I was separating from traffic, and he understood 100%. But he said I never slowed down once I separated. I said I was about to, but it was too late. He even said I could accelerate agressively and get good separation before the cars even crossed the street, which is true Oh well, I'm not going to change my riding style. I told him he's going to get me everytime. He wrote me for 5 over, I didn't even know how fast I was going. But he said I was going 48 in a 35. I'm not upset at all and I could careless either way if he gave me warning or not. Not sure how some people can get upset over a speeding ticket, but they do. I'm just not one of them. Nice way to ring in the New Year.