Unmarked Highway Patrol in Qld

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, should have shared this last week spotted.

Have seen the plod use a new XR8 ute on the Gateway. Kid you not, a ute. Sighted around Yatala.

Be safe everyone :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, should have shared this last week spotted.

Have seen the plod use a new XR8 ute on the Gateway. Kid you not, a ute. Sighted around Yatala.

Be safe everyone :thumbup:

Yep seen him , it must be you that i see up and down the gateway all the time :)....... Had a rant on this subject the other week , dont forget the silver Chrysler 300C :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't seen it for quite a few months but around Carindale spotted a black Golf GTI on the Gateway

I would prefer getting chased by a golf GTi, rather than an unmarked R1! Which is what is being used elsewhere in Australia!

Not that I would ever run from the boys in blue!;)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would prefer getting chased by a golf GTi, rather than an unmarked R1! Which is what is being used elsewhere in Australia!

LMFAO!!! YEA RIGHT!! This window is closed we ain't buying no hog!! LOL :rockon: :rof:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Heard rumors us in the Sunshine State are to be blessed with unmarked Busa's shortly.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The NSW plod seem to be taking a harder line with riding in the shoulder (eg highway, banked up traffic). Had a few mates get pulled up, some fined, some warned.

How about identification? We've seen some recent changes in that the unmarked hwy patrollers are using flashing LED lights mounted adjacent to the rear number plate (and look like motorbike indicators), rather than the larger units they had mounted on the parcel shelf. So I always check there as well when I approach a current model Falcon/Commodore.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
God thats annoying, generally you know your safe when its a UTE!
Good tip on the LEDs near the number plate will keep my eye on that one. Much less obvious than the 'box' in the parcel shelf thats for sure :D

Whats probably worst is the police on unmarked bikes will be trying to get people to take them at lights then busting them since we have no anti entrapment laws.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a VW Jetta as unmarked patrol around East Brisbane. It seem that the boys in blue ain't affected by the GFC...as much as the rest of us...

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Also the cameras and detector are mounted on the dashboard in a lot of them now and not on the side which used to be a great give away. Just got myself a contour hd 1080p camera with helmet mount. Any footage of them misbehaving is going straight in!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a VW Jetta as unmarked patrol around East Brisbane. It seem that the boys in blue ain't affected by the GFC...as much as the rest of us...

Definately not affected by it , the Jetta & a 300C alone is nearly $150000 worth of cars :mad: & dont even get me started on the $2000 a pop number plates on the red HP cars :rant:...... They are plates that read STINGA & 2BOOK :mad: i need a valium & a trip to the Rant Thread i think ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Definately not affected by it , the Jetta & a 300C alone is nearly $150000 worth of cars :mad: & dont even get me started on the $2000 a pop number plates on the red HP cars :rant:...... They are plates that read STINGA & 2BOOK :mad: i need a valium & a trip to the Rant Thread i think ;)

The number plate thing is probably the most annoying thing....That is just the Police being outright arrogant!

:(

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, i didn't know their fleet had expanded that much. I wonder how well they behave on those bikes....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, i didn't know their fleet had expanded that much. I wonder how well they behave on those bikes....

Good Point, temptation to have a little bit of "fun" when "no-one is looking" would be hard to resist for any red blooded bike rider, police officer, or not!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Good Point, temptation to have a little bit of "fun" when "no-one is looking" would be hard to resist for any red blooded bike rider, police officer, or not!

As long as they realise this is a fact of life and are a bit lenient for people who aren't being stupid but might be toeing the line thats all good.
What annoys me is the stories about cops tail gating people and doing stupid things to force people to speed up to get some distance and then booking them for it.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought of it too late to remember the plate, a frigging marked car went through a 60 zone at about 75 this morning. How do I know, I was in the queue behind him!

And yet they preach 'There's no such thing as safe speeding'. Wanker ffffing ****heads. Rules for them, rules for the populace.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought of it too late to remember the plate, a frigging marked car went through a 60 zone at about 75 this morning. How do I know, I was in the queue behind him!

And yet they preach 'There's no such thing as safe speeding'. Wanker ffffing ****heads. Rules for them, rules for the populace.

Yes, unfortuneatly this is true! How's this....pulled up at a sedt of lights next to a Police car this week, he was openly chatting on his mobile phone! And my Missus sxaw the same thing with an Ambulance driver!

My Ex, (MP) Is a paramedic, gets pulled over doing 150, in a 100 zone, tells cop she is a paramedic...get's let off! Apparently this is "common practise" cause they are on "The same team"!!!

Rules for them, Rules for the populace!

:(