unique waive

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
I think patting the top of your head is a warning that there's a police car ahead (from your perspective, behind from his).

There's different waves with various meanings but I don't remember them, as I've never seen anybody use them, and I don't ride in a group.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's correct, the rider is telling you to "slow down" and be aware that there are police in the direction that you are heading.

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Left Turn: Left arm straight out from body. Palm Flat. Fingers together.

Right Turn: Left arm out and elbow bent. Hand straight up. Palm flat. Fingers together.

Stop: Left arm down to side. Palm facing rider behind. Fingers together. Flash brake lights very rapidly.

Slow Down: Left arm down to side. Press flat palm up and down parallel to the ground imitating a braking motion.

Need Gas: Point to tank. (Always start a ride with a full tank.)

Hungry: Pat stomach.

Ask Someone To Pass You: Left arm out at side, waving forward. Palm flat. Fingers together.

Cop Nearby: Pat the top of your helmet.

Turn Signal Left On: Left arm out. Thumb and fingers opening and closing.

Hazard On Road: Point at the area on the road with your hand or your foot

A HELMET ON THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD indicates a motorcyclist has a problem and may need assistance.

FZ6-ZN

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Left Turn: Left arm straight out from body. Palm Flat. Fingers together.

Right Turn: Left arm out and elbow bent. Hand straight up. Palm flat. Fingers together.

Stop: Left arm down to side. Palm facing rider behind. Fingers together. Flash brake lights very rapidly.

Slow Down: Left arm down to side. Press flat palm up and down parallel to the ground imitating a braking motion.

Need Gas: Point to tank. (Always start a ride with a full tank.)

Hungry: Pat stomach.

Ask Someone To Pass You: Left arm out at side, waving forward. Palm flat. Fingers together.

Cop Nearby: Pat the top of your helmet.

Turn Signal Left On: Left arm out. Thumb and fingers opening and closing.

Hazard On Road: Point at the area on the road with your hand or your foot

A HELMET ON THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD indicates a motorcyclist has a problem and may need assistance.

FZ6-ZN

Unless you ride in the UK where some of these moves will get you into some trouble.

Steve

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you ride in the UK where some of these moves will get you into some trouble.

Steve

Int he US, those are all pretty standard, though you can't always tell about the helmet one....here in NH, most cruiser riders dont wear them, and they are often the ones needing help.