U.S. Government to Limit Motorcycle Engine Output to 75 Horsepower

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
You are going to have to bring your bike in to the nearest US Yamaha dealer and they will detune it to 75 HP for ya - no charge!

:D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Must be an April fools joke as I can't see how this would fly. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea having a restriction for new riders like they have implemented in the UK.

That's like saying they are going to restrict vehicles to 200hp.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I liked the line where H-D's stock went up on the news, LOL.

That was funny and so was....

" In instances where owners choose to retain the mechanical authenticity of their motorcycles, a banana can also be slipped into the exhaust pipe(s). "

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having the shop put in this engine as a replacement, it should fit the 08 FZ6...I hear they are reliable and work with the PowerCommander XVII

briggs.jpg

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Any of our European friends have some perspective? How real are the chances of this happening in Europe?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Must be an April fools joke as I can't see how this would fly. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea having a restriction for new riders like they have implemented in the UK.

That's like saying they are going to restrict vehicles to 200hp.

actually over here in singapore, our license is not a 1 time thing. we have 3 different categories. cc restriction though, not bhp.

learn to ride, take a test.
1st license) <200cc.
after riding for 1 year, learn to ride a 400cc, take a test.
2nd license) <201-400cc.
after riding for 1 year, learn to ride a 600/750cc, take a test.
3) >400cc.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any of our European friends have some perspective? How real are the chances of this happening in Europe?

I say fat chance, maybe on new bikes but theres no way everyone in europe is gonna have their bike de-tuned. Time to riot I'd say :rockon:

Weird if the frenchies already have this, that would mean they don't have any street legal r1's and such... weird, any french riders around??

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I say fat chance, maybe on new bikes but theres no way everyone in europe is gonna have their bike de-tuned. Time to riot I'd say :rockon:

Weird if the frenchies already have this, that would mean they don't have any street legal r1's and such... weird, any french riders around??

I'm the bearer of bad news for us Europeans.

France has already limited bikers to 100 bhp. So in the wisdom of the European Parliament, they see this as an unbalance. It is, in their view, not appropriate for countries in Europe to have different laws on general issues like this. So instead of getting France to reverse/remove their law limiting bikers to this ridiculous 100bhp they are now in talks to get ALL european countries (EEC) to introduce a law limiting bikers.

Of course this wont effect me so I don't care much at this stage, but in the future if I want to hop onto an R1, I'll never get to feel the real deal.

French Government = :ban: from Europe and their stupid backward ideals.