Two bros carbon fiber order mess up

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a cf two bros exhaust on Monday last week. Well yesterday it still hadn't showed up yet so I had called to check on it. I got a call back from the owner of the eBay store telling me two bros ran out of cf and they are working on getting me my exhaust. He kept appologizing, and was telling me he will do anything to make me happy so that I'll give him a good score on eBay. He was telling me if I was to give him a 1 or two stars for delivery he loses 6k dollars over 2 months. So on that note, he told me to pick out some addons, he named icon, alpinestar, and said he could throw on the p1 tips too. Now the reason for this post is, what are good addons to have with a 2 bros cf exhaust. I was thinking maybe trying to get a nicer helmet as I'm using a scorion exo the cheapest one. Or maybe some riding pants? I'm not sure what I should end up asking for...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Get the P1X DB killers. They're pricey and Two Bro are very loud cans. I just got some and they can make a difference of about 8 DB in sound pressure. Also they'll add the lost back pressure you'll lose from changing from the OEM exhaust which helps you loose valuable torque in the lower rpm of the motor. Another thing that you may have read and some people complain about is the CF changing color or yellowing. This is inherent with CF cans and you have to change the packing more often as well as deal with one can getting hotter than the other on the FZ6 because the flow is more on the right side can. You could switch to Titanium cans instead.....

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the DB killers. I psoted pics of my CF cans with over 7 k miles they still look good. The Cf cans do look real sharp.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
+2! The P1 OFFROAD tips I reccomend (and use) - NOT the P1-R tips!!

Here is some info about the different tips from my web site.

Two Brothers Part Number: 005-P1 - M Series P1 Off road Race Pipe PowerTip

The P-1 tips were highly recommended to me by fellow FZ6-Forum.com members over the P1-R tip. The consensus is that the P-1 tips does a much better job at reducing the dB output than the P1-R tips.

From Two Brothers: "Our P1 PowerTipT sound suppressor is a recommended accessory for our exhaust systems with M series endcaps. A straight-through sound diffuser, the TBR PowerTipT quiets the pipe to about 2-3 dB with no significant reduction in horsepower. Not recommended for use with a spark arrestor screen. "

Here is the subtle difference between. - M Series P1 Offroad Race Pipe PowerTip - RECOMMENDED
02f9_1.jpg

M Series P1R Road Pipe PowerTip - Not Recommended
005-P1R_supressor.jpg

The main differences between the P1 and the P1-R tips are:

- P1 has a smaller diameter opening/nozzle than the P1-R
- P1 tip end is not tapered like the P1-R

DSCF4726.JPG

More pics and installation here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Two Brothers P-1 dB Killer Inserts

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also there's the P1X tip which has an inner neck that has a little smaller diameter bore that further reduces decibels.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
see if they will throw in a power commander (or whatever 2 bros calls their version of it)...

Not a bad idea! Get the PClll and I have the dyno map for you! Haha!

Edit: 2 Bros; version is the Juice Box but either way if you're going to do an aftermarket fuel control you should get a close map for it...

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a bad idea! Get the PClll and I have the dyno map for you! Haha!

Edit: 2 Bros; version is the Juice Box but either way if you're going to do an aftermarket fuel control you should get a close map for it...

hey guys thanks for all the fast responses. sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I was driving from seattle to minnesota with a new car. I'm going to call him today and see if i can get the juice box, since it costs more then the tips, i wouldn't mind ordering the tips and just payin for them if i get a free juice box. If i get a juice box tho do i need to do more mods to improve the HP of my bike to get good use out of it?

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
does the p1x make a notable difference? I was watching a video on youtube of a before and after for p1x and it sounded like there was a clicking noise after he added it. not sure though it could have just been the camera.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys thanks for all the fast responses. sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I was driving from seattle to minnesota with a new car. I'm going to call him today and see if i can get the juice box, since it costs more then the tips, i wouldn't mind ordering the tips and just payin for them if i get a free juice box. If i get a juice box tho do i need to do more mods to improve the HP of my bike to get good use out of it?

Get the Power Commander lll and I have a map for you. It cost me $300+ to dyno the bike. If you get a Juice Box I can't give you a map for that but probably Two Brothers can give you a map.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
does the p1x make a notable difference? I was watching a video on youtube of a before and after for p1x and it sounded like there was a clicking noise after he added it. not sure though it could have just been the camera.

They used to use an aluminum shim when you added the db killer. Now they use a high temp "O" ring. Maybe they left out the "O" ring and the tip is rattling?

The P1X cuts the sound pressure about 8 db. The old P1R tips were good for about 1 or 2 db. They weren't really worth it but the new P1X is great!

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that 'new' from TB? Hadn't seen that one before.

I haven't seen this before either? I have the 'regular' P1 tip and I wouldn't mind trying the P1X out. I just want to make sure there is going to be enough of a difference between the two to justify dropping 70 bucks (again). I would imagine it will help with creating a little more compression back there versus the regular tip.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's also a P4 tip which I was forced to use to pass noise level here in NH. At least I still get the looks and weight reduction on the bike! ;) The P4 is their smallest tip available. Here's a vid I took attempting to show the difference. @ 37 seconds, you see the P4 "magically" appear. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46siOOhG28]YouTube - FZ1 held back by the law[/ame]

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Sounded great to me even with the tip in.

Agreed, still sounds monstrous. You definitely lost that low end, teeth-rattling bass to it though. I can see instances where that might be just a bit too much going through residential areas, but nobody ever likes to neuter their bike. :)

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
is the whistling in the video from the p4 tip as loud in person as it is in the video? I noticed you can really hear the air pushing out of the can with the p4.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's also a P4 tip which I was forced to use to pass noise level here in NH. At least I still get the looks and weight reduction on the bike! ;) The P4 is their smallest tip available. Here's a vid I took attempting to show the difference. @ 37 seconds, you see the P4 "magically" appear. :D

Yes! Still sounds much better than the stock pipe! :rockon: