Twisted Throttle is having a sale on some FZ6 stuff

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
While shopping for farkles for my new bike, I found some fz6 stuff on sale.

TwistedThrottle.com : TCP Aerodynamics rear hugger (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'07) - TCP.982120

TwistedThrottle.com : TCP Aerodynamics radiator side panels (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'06) NOT for 2007 model - TCP.90Y060

8210-425x350.jpg

8214-425x350.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks even the sale prices for those items are absolutely mental?! 76 cents worth of plastic for $250?? :O

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, you're not! I'd love to have a TCP Seat Cowl, but those prices are ridiculous. But, then again, throw "motorcycle" in front of any product and you can add a 50% markup or more (GPS's are a great example). :(

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Nope, you're not! I'd love to have a TCP Seat Cowl, but those prices are ridiculous. But, then again, throw "motorcycle" in front of any product and you can add a 50% markup or more (GPS's are a great example). :(

that's why i didn't buy a "motorcycle" gps. Sure with my tom tom they made it impossible to get a blue tooth headset to work with it(if you don't buy the rider model) but i dont give a damn. the gps function works perfectly for my bike and gee, i spent 170 dollars as opposed to 800!! crazy. Never had an issue with the vibration or anything as well.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
that's why i didn't buy a "motorcycle" gps. Sure with my tom tom they made it impossible to get a blue tooth headset to work with it(if you don't buy the rider model) but i dont give a damn. the gps function works perfectly for my bike and gee, i spent 170 dollars as opposed to 800!! crazy. Never had an issue with the vibration or anything as well.

garmin nuvi 500/550 is good too. it's waterproof. costs about $250.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
garmin nuvi 500/550 is good too. it's waterproof. costs about $250.

yeah when i found out my only choice to get bluetooth working in a helmet with mine i considered a different gps but then decided otherwise. I already have 2 tom tom mounts for 2 separate bikes(same gps of course) so that wasnt happening. lol

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks even the sale prices for those items are absolutely mental?! 76 cents worth of plastic for $250?? :O

While $250 might be high, it may not be. And I realize (or hope) that you are just venting a bit. However, you remind me of some of my customers who have the same reaction when I charge $65.00 for a CD of 100+ photographs.

I photograph youth sports. I have become successful enough to do this full time now. I am one of the better photographers in my niche, which happens to be gymnastics, dance and cheerleading competitions. I have taken approx. 1.5 million photographs of these sports over the last 10 years. When I'm not photographing my own events, others hire me and fly me all over the country to shot for them.

I show up to a gig with approx. $25,000 in camera equipment plus $25,000 in computer equipment (for selling onsite). I hire 1 or 2 photographers at $30.00/hour, plus the booth staff at $15-30/hour. Spend 2-4 hours setting up and breaking down (paying staff their hourly wages during this as well). I get my stuff to the gig in a $3000 trailer. I pay for hotel rooms and food and other travel expenses for me and my staff. At home I have another $20,000 of equipment for post processing and fulfilling orders. I usually have to pay vendor and venue fees which can amount in the thousands of dollars at each event. Or course I have additional overhead including insurance, self-employment taxes, etc.

I sell prints as well as offer digital images on CD. When I sell a CD, every image is color and exposure corrected and cropped. I spend countless hours making CD's as well as pay staff to make them.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "$65.00 for a friggin' CD, I know those only cost 25 cents to make. What a rip off!". Fortunately, a lot of my customers see the value in my product, and I sell a LOT of CDs, as well as prints.

I am also reminded of the 16 year old kid who started selling frame sliders he made for wicked cheap on the sv650 board years ago. He had access to a machine shop and the delrin plastic only cost a few bucks for each set. He ended up starting a business, but by the time he got fully into it, he couldn't even sell them as cheap as the established companies, and make money. He spent hundreds of hours trying to make this business work, but in the end, gave up.

So when you look at a product, please don't think of it in terms of cost of materials. Some products are overpriced, some are not, but you always get to vote with your wallet :)

John

p.s. Twisted Throttle is a VERY GOOD company to spend your hard earned cash at!

Last edited: