Top saddlery seat pan now cracked

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have had my TS seat since May, and have been pleased with it. Not the drastically more comfortable seat I was hoping to get, but I did get the lowered version without gel, so that detracts from the comfort because there is less padding. Fyi, if you get the lowered version, go ahead and get the gel inserts. I am actually considering selling mine this winter and ordering a new one with the gel. But I digress...

This past weekend, I removed my seat to replace my proof of insurance card, and found that the pan was broken. Around the lip, which holds the seat down in the front, the pan was broken on both sides. I am about to fire off my first email to TS about the issue, and I will keep you guys up to date about how the drama unfolds.

And I have already recieved an email back from them before lunch asking for pictures. At least I know I am not being ignored. Good sign.

Did you use their base or your Yamaha base?

Hubby just bought one for his XJR, used their base, but by some fluke, it was a genuine Yami one :thumbup: Usually their bases are after market.

Sorry, I haven't checked back in in a while. I used the ts base. It is the black plastic one.

They are kind of aggrevating me. They wanted pictures to see the crack. So I sent them pictures. It is a crack in a black seat pan, with black foam behind that. They replied back that they couldn't see the crack (not shocked) and that they needed me to send more pics so their technician could determine if it needed to be repaired. OF COURSE IT NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED YOU IDIOTS, I SPEANT $500 ON A SEAT THAT IS NOW CRACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to pull the crack apart and hope they can see it better. When I sent them an email saying that the seat was cracked, there was only one correct response: shipping instructions to have it sent back at their expense.

Sorry, I haven't checked back in in a while. I used the ts base. It is the black plastic one.

They are kind of aggrevating me. They wanted pictures to see the crack. So I sent them pictures. It is a crack in a black seat pan, with black foam behind that. They replied back that they couldn't see the crack (not shocked) and that they needed me to send more pics so their technician could determine if it needed to be repaired. OF COURSE IT NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED YOU IDIOTS, I SPEANT $500 ON A SEAT THAT IS NOW CRACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to pull the crack apart and hope they can see it better. When I sent them an email saying that the seat was cracked, there was only one correct response: shipping instructions to have it sent back at their expense.

If you have a bottle of 'white out' to high light the lips of the crack, that would show it easily......

Thanks guys. Never thought about that. I am going to take one more picture while pushing in on the crack so that it will be more pronounced. If they still can't see it, I will try that.

Sorry for your drama...not nice, especially when you spend top dollar on what should be a decent piece of kit...

Is it just me, or is this common place for TS stuff...i can remember reading quite a few faults about TS seats that have broken, ripped, etc, or basically faulty in some way or another?????

:(

Include the link to this thread when you next reply. Hope you haven't had the seat long. What length of time warranty do they offer?

I've heard too many negative about TS seats to get one myself. Too many issues with them arriving damaged. You don't hear about that with Corbins. I'm too cheap to buy either anyway! :spank:

Well maybe it broke because you're a Fatty McFatterson!!

Lol, jk

I have a TS seat and it's bloody epic. So comfortable. Rode 17 days to Los Angeles and back and loved it. I was MUCH more comfortable on my ride to L.A. than I was on my ride to Vancouver the year before on stock seat....and that time I never did more than 6 hour days.

Sorry for your drama...not nice, especially when you spend top dollar on what should be a decent piece of kit...

Is it just me, or is this common place for TS stuff...i can remember reading quite a few faults about TS seats that have broken, ripped, etc, or basically faulty in some way or another?????

:(

Yep, their seat pans are really flimsy. I probably should have sent in my seat, but I wanted to be able to sell the seat seperately when I change bikes in a few years and still have the stock seat to include on the bike. Plus, I liked the idea of having an extra seat in case I have trouble with TS, as I am now having.

hey can you post the picture up here so we can see too???

Here is the latest I sent to them.

View attachment 32081

Include the link to this thread when you next reply. Hope you haven't had the seat long. What length of time warranty do they offer?

I've heard too many negative about TS seats to get one myself. Too many issues with them arriving damaged. You don't hear about that with Corbins. I'm too cheap to buy either anyway! :spank:

I am not sure what their warranty is. I ordered it in the spring. I just noticed this when I took teh seat off to put my insurance card under there.

I am not as thrilled as I would like with my seat, anyway. I got the lowered version, which feels the same height as stock. But you loose padding, so loose some comfort. I wish I would have gotten the gel insert to make up for the lose of extra padding.

Hummmm, if I send it back to get the seat pan fixed, I wonder if they would let me have the gel installed if I pay the price difference between the gel option and the non gel option. I mean heck, they are going to have to take it off the pan anyway. Shouldn't be any trouble. I think I will check on that if they let me send it back.

Well maybe it broke because you're a Fatty McFatterson!!

Lol, jk

I have a TS seat and it's bloody epic. So comfortable. Rode 17 days to Los Angeles and back and loved it. I was MUCH more comfortable on my ride to L.A. than I was on my ride to Vancouver the year before on stock seat....and that time I never did more than 6 hour days.

Yeah, all 170 lbs of me, lol. Did you get the standard seat? With the lowered seat, it is better, but I am just not feeling the DRASTIC difference that I keep hearing about. Granted I have an extremely bony butt. But with the stock seat, I was getting really sore after an hour. With the TS seat, I am getting really sore after 1.5 hours. Better, but not as drastic as I had hoped. But, like I said, I got the lowered seat, so I lost some padding.

Yeah, I got the standard seat. It's a huge difference but only because the stock seat is so terrible.

In and of itself, the TS seat is just a good quality seat. It's not a gentle a55 massage like some people might be led to believe by some of our reviews.

It's just when you get used to the terrible, terrible stock seat then get something that' actually good, you get very passionate in your reviews I guess.

And I only get any discomfort after my second back to back tank of gas. If I am not on a "grind and get there" mission for the day, I can literally ride 8-10 hours a day stopping here and there and feel quite good in my TS seat.

On the "grind and get there" days my back and wrists are the problem and my ass is 100% fine. On the stock I would be shifting position and being annoyed.

But I also stand up on the pegs for 3-5 or so minutes every 30-40 minutes after a couple hours riding. That's probably a big reason why my ass feels fine. But even doing the same thing on the stock seat I would be in genuine discomfort. So there is a definite and very big difference.

Discomfort in the stock seat.
Zero discomfort ever in the standard Ts seat.

I reveived a response to the picture I sent on here. They offered to replace the seat pan if I send it back, which is all I was hoping they would do. However, I did respond back and ask for a prepaid shipping label to be sent, as it is having to be sent in due to a fault in the materials. Will post again when I have an update from that.

well.. if you do have to send it off to them, how much would it be??? Im sure shipping cant be all that cheap... but it sounds like they are willing to fix it.. sucks, but hey at least they will try to make it right...

well.. if you do have to send it off to them, how much would it be??? Im sure shipping cant be all that cheap... but it sounds like they are willing to fix it.. sucks, but hey at least they will try to make it right...

Ugh. I started a thread last year with TS and it got ugly but everyone here jumped on them along with me and i got a replacement seat and they even refunded my credit card the 60 dollars shipping to France so it worked out in the long run. Hope they do right by you. My pan wasnt cracked, but it(the upholstery) was torn a tad up in the nose section which i could only see getting worse over time.

Yeah I remember that. Man, lots of issues with TS.

I've gotten to really like the Corbin, a year later, but I also haven't spent more than an hour on it once, all year. :( Just work commuting, 50-60 mins each way.

Shipping will be around 70 bucks, I think. But I am going to push really hard for them to cover it. After all, it is their material that is faulty. I already paid top dollar for the seat, and paid to have it sent here. I shouldn't have to pay to have it sent back because their pan broke.

Back