Took my Street Triple R OFFROADING IN THE MUD!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, you read that right. Was meeting a friend at his lake house in Northern NH that I had never been to, was getting dark, and was just following my GPS. Now he told me there would be a dirt road, but that it would be well packed and easy for me on my bike. As it would have it, my GPS took me on a well-packed dirt road, so I assumed all was well as it was getting dark. Rounded a corner, the road got narrow in a hurry, started going up hill, and turned to mud 6" deep with ruts of water running down it (eg a stream). Obviously, I would have loved to turn around at this point, but the road was literally too narrow to turn around on. So I pressed on, which was a mistake as I got stuck about half a mile into this. Ended up dismounting while balancing the bike (couldn't put the kickstand down) and literally pushing it in the mud into a 40 point turn to get the bike turned around and head back down the hill, now covered in the rooster tail of mud I created on my up and now on the way down as well.

See the attached pics of the aftermath the morning after. Took 3 separate washes to get it all off and ended up tearing apart the entire rear end and front end to clean and re-lube the axles/bearings/chain/swing arm bushings.

Before I get totally flamed for taking the bike into the mud, I already know this and wouldn't have if it were predictable or had I known before hand.

Rob

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
On the bright side, you didn't drop it or get stuck out there in the dark. ;)

Exactly! Made it out in one piece and didn't have to leave the bike out there and WALK out. Definitely crossed my mind though.

Here's an AFTER pic. Someone even left me flowers on my bike that afternoon. Weird yes, awesome sure.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I get totally flamed for taking the bike into the mud, I already know this and wouldn't have if it were predictable or had I known before hand.
I don't know why you'd get flamed, this is awesome! It's even more awesome that everything came out unscathed. Gorgeous bike, too.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
YES YES YES!!! great stuff man!!! this reminds me of the video streetbike off road, have you seen it?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last time I wound up on mud, all I could think of was how much I'd love to own a dual sport :D

mud1q.jpg

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The way I see it your dirt road adventure was a good one!! You did'nt even get chased by a Bear!! LMAO!! :BLAA: :thumbup: :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
YES YES YES!!! great stuff man!!! this reminds me of the video streetbike off road, have you seen it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PBsH4Xry9U&feature=player_embedded]Extreme Triumph Street Triple Offroad - Julien Welsch - StreetBike Motocross - YouTube[/ame]

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm I didn't pay TOO much attention to what you wrote, I was too busy drooling at the sight of your bike :).

Very nice, may I ask what year that is? I would LOVE to get the Triumph Triple R...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm I didn't pay TOO much attention to what you wrote, I was too busy drooling at the sight of your bike :).

Very nice, may I ask what year that is? I would LOVE to get the Triumph Triple R...

It's an awesome bike. Once you get the suspension dialed in, it's borderline telepathic in the turns. Power is awesome and balance. Sounds awesome even stock. Oh, and it's the tits in the looks department.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site

It's an awesome bike. Once you get the suspension dialed in, it's borderline telepathic in the turns. Power is awesome and balance. Sounds awesome even stock. Oh, and it's the tits in the looks department.

Yes it is awesome... I LOVE that look.