Tire Shine on my wheels :(

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
My GF wanted to surprise me with a clean bike. While she did an excellent job and she is very much appreciated, she put tire shine all over my tires AHHRGHGHGHGH! Is there any way to get this off before I go out? I was thinking rubbing alcohol but am also thinking that may dry the tires out (does that sound stupid?). Well, thanks for the input fellas!

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
My GF wanted to surprise me with a clean bike. While she did an excellent job and she is very much appreciated, she put tire shine all over my tires AHHRGHGHGHGH! Is there any way to get this off before I go out? I was thinking rubbing alcohol but am also thinking that may dry the tires out (does that sound stupid?). Well, thanks for the input fellas!

Is she blonde?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Man you have a keeper! She's so sweet! :cheer: You have to love her man! :rockon::cheer:

Ever heard of Westley's bleche white? Available at any auto parts store.Try not to let it sit on paint for a long time. It should break down the silicone in the tire shine stuff. Rinse it off really good Don't know if the simple green will emulsify the silicone base. Bleche white will do the job. Remember rinse really good!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
condodomain-slapped.jpg

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, kinda, lol.

Motogori, will try the Westley's bleche white! Thanks

The Dude, no she's not blonde lol, she's Chinese/Indonesian or something ...on second thought, I think she may be trying to kill me :eek:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
a good liquid dish soap and hot water will work just as well as any strong cleaner without risk to your wheel paint. I have seen simple green STRIP the clearcoat off paint before!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a good liquid dish soap and hot water will work just as well as any strong cleaner without risk to your wheel paint. I have seen simple green STRIP the clearcoat off paint before!

I use it all the time and never had any issuse what so ever. I have never heard of anyone having issues with it. I use it full strength on my expensive wheels on my sports car and engine and use it 50/50 on the bike all the time and the chain.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I use it all the time and never had any issuse what so ever. I have never heard of anyone having issues with it. I use it full strength on my expensive wheels on my sports car and engine and use it 50/50 on the bike all the time and the chain.

Used correctly I'm sure it's fine. The instance I saw it damage paint it was left on the paint in direct sunlight for too long.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a good liquid dish soap and hot water will work just as well as any strong cleaner without risk to your wheel paint.

Thats what I was going to say :thumbup: Or even better still , if CT-18 is available in the US use that... There is no better detergent in the world :rockon:
51109215248ct18.jpg

Dont chastise the missus mate she didnt know better , I wish my missus would wash my bike& hers for that matter :rolleyes:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I'm agreeing, thats a damned fine lady you have there!!

Just needs to be educated a little .... :cheer:

Wire brush the tyre, followed up by dishwashing liquid and a pot scourer.

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, kinda, lol.
she's Chinese/Indonesian or something

lol

R u not sure what she is? :spank:

Just found her strolling around the house and decided to keep her ... ? :confused:

I don't blame her, she's sure a keeper! :thumbup:

I never had a GF who washed my bike ...

:(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, kinda, lol.

Motogori, will try the Westley's bleche white! Thanks

The Dude, no she's not blonde lol, she's Chinese/Indonesian or something ...on second thought, I think she may be trying to kill me :eek:

What, you don't know? :spank: :rof:

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. I don't know what she is entirely. Her Father (who hates me) is Chinese. Her mother is mostly Indonesian, but does have a few other asian lines in there as well. Come on guys, I'm a decent boyfriend!! lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. I don't know what she is entirely. Her Father (who hates me) is Chinese. Her mother is mostly Indonesian, but does have a few other asian lines in there as well. Come on guys, I'm a decent boyfriend!! lol

You have to know where to look. There's a tag on her. At least there is on my wife. Right behind her ears. On my wife , one ear says "Italy" The other ear says "Ireland" Then there is a bunch of other writing in languages I don't understand and too tiny to read.

Who cares where she's from! Love her with all your heart! :rockon:
Tell her dad, "Don't be Hatin!" :Flip: