What is an R1? :don'tknow:

Here was my 2005 Colin Edwards Valincia moto-gp replica. :D

R11small.jpg

R13small.jpg

Marc

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
ive already done the level 1 race school for a day. that made for a HUGE improvement. The plan right now is practice on my own with just basic track days until I get familiar with the new bike and get warmed up again after a long off-season.

then I will be taking the level 2 which is one instructor 3 students 8 hours with personalized "as you need/request" instruction. Then I will practice a bunch more, then do the level 2 again at the end of the season. By that point I should be getting halfway decent....I hope. LOL

Then the season after that in May I will try to get a racing license so I can register in some amatuer events with the EMRA (Edmonton Motorcycle Roadracing Association). They have a group for amatuers with something like 10 rounds of racing over the summer split between Stratotech here in Edmonton and Race City in Calgary. As long as you can get the racing license you can compete. And the guy who gives the licensing track exam is the same guy who did my level 1, and who will do both my level 2's.

2012!!! My child-hood dream comes true!!

I can't believe I'm actually on the way there. It was just a crazy dream.

Nice work mate :thumbup:

I had the very same dream for a long time & made it come true a few weeks ago :D

I totally agree with Wolfman about the tyre warmers. Sure they make a difference to the heat of tyres & physical grip levels but it's also a mental thing. Kind of a confidence thing if you know your tyres are already hot & ready to go.
Please avoid the Chinese made warmers though. Ive seen a few sets go up in flames :( I bought Chicken Hawk warmers & I've got no complaints. You should get em a damn sight cheaper than I did since they are made in the States.

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to say it looks better than the post 08 models. One of the best looking bikes out of a factory and there are very few that can exploit it's capability. :rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to say it looks better than the post 08 models. One of the best looking bikes out of a factory and there are very few that can exploit it's capability. :rockon:

Oh I definitely will not be among them haha. But it sure does look fast even standing still. And as we all know.....looking fast is the most important thing......

......the ladies don't check lap times. :p

and that Edwards replica is purdy. Sure is.

side note: checking into it a bit more, might be worthwhile getting race compound power one's. But that remains to be seen. If it keeps my investment safe it would be worth it to have two sets of tires and just putting them on for track days. but I still don't see the street compound power one's not providing enough grip. I just heard something worrying....that when they get REALLY warm they actually get mushy and provide **** grip.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I definitely will not be among them haha. But it sure does look fast even standing still. And as we all know.....looking fast is the most important thing......

......the ladies don't check lap times. :p

and that Edwards replica is purdy. Sure is.

side note: checking into it a bit more, might be worthwhile getting race compound power one's. But that remains to be seen. If it keeps my investment safe it would be worth it to have two sets of tires and just putting them on for track days. but I still don't see the street compound power one's not providing enough grip. I just heard something worrying....that when they get REALLY warm they actually get mushy and provide **** grip.
Ummm, some of us check lap times :eek:

But, the bike is also purdy :)

You should have got the Rossi replica though.

:D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, it's still an option. I'll be ordering a set of race fairings from sharkskins in the next month or two. They offer racer replica paint jobs. Rossi's is available.....it's expensive but you can get it.

but I would NOT want to be the "guy with the Rossi paintjob" at trackdays. That’s just asking to get flamed. I’d have to at least be one of the quicker guys out there to do that. And even then, I’d like to make my own paint scheme. Red and black of course….

With LOTS of stickers. Nothing shaves seconds off a lap time like a ton of stickers…..LOL

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, it's still an option. I'll be ordering a set of race fairings from sharkskins in the next month or two. They offer racer replica paint jobs. Rossi's is available.....it's expensive but you can get it.

but I would NOT want to be the "guy with the Rossi paintjob" at trackdays. That’s just asking to get flamed. I’d have to at least be one of the quicker guys out there to do that. And even then, I’d like to make my own paint scheme. Red and black of course….

With LOTS of stickers. Nothing shaves seconds off a lap time like a ton of stickers…..LOL

+1 on the stickers improves lap times...LMAO.:BLAA:

Also have to agree with the not wanting to draw attention to yourself while learning. It reminds me of the guy on the CBR 1000RR RRRRRRARGH! pirate bike with the number plate, "SHOGUN" on the tail....lol...wobbling round taking 4 or 5 bites at a bend before taking the plunge, at about a quarter of the speed I usually take them. Eventually shot past him out of a turn on Lobethal road carrying the front wheel...lol...and to add further insult to injury, he then got hosed by Wolfman on his FZ6...lol....Shogun my 4$$!:rolleyes::BLAA:

Also I'm not sure a LART scheme would put forward the correct image in the picking up chicks department...lol.:eek:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LART?

what made the cbr a pirate bike?

and that reminds me of "Ducati Boy" from the race school I went to. This guy had ducati leather, ducati helmet, ducati gloves, ducati 848, and probably a ducati tampon no doubt.

he was RIDICULOUSLY slow. I mean he would take a sweeper at about 50kph. It was PAINFUL. First bike. First month of ownership probably.

god I hated him so much because we weren't allowed to pass other people. He should not have been on an 848, let alone on the track during a race school.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LART = Left Arm Rock Thrower

They are trying to see that Valentino might not be as "masculine" as a lot of men.

They are wrong of course. He's got bigger balls than you all put together :rof:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LART = Left Arm Rock Thrower

They are trying to see that Valentino might not be as "masculine" as a lot of men.

They are wrong of course. He's got bigger balls than you all put together :rof:

Yeah....I dunno.

I've got some pretty big balls, Ma'am.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
...And the pirate bike's a pirate bike, 'cause of all the, "R's" in the title...lol.

Arr, arr, arr, more R's, than you can shake a stick at.

Yes....Ducati boy....that's the type....lol. Not sure if they make a Ducati tampon, but they probably will next year:eek:, only with the left handed throttle version:BLAA:.