The Rant Thread

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats because Texas have mental gun laws. It's probably legal to shoot someone just for thinking about stealing your bike in Texas.
I am not speaking with complete ignorance. My Farther Bro live in Texas.

Nelly
Sent from my HTC Desire S

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
although Texas is only slightly larger than Australia

:eek: :eek: Dude , seriously ?? Are you $h!tting me ??? Do you think we are some tiny island that floats around a lake ??? :rof: :rof:

Texas = 268,581 sq mi

Australia = 2,941,299 sq mi :thumbup:

Just so you know , this place is HUGE !!! but dont worry , most of the world dont know that either ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most people know you are probably the only country to lose a pm lol.
Nelly

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: :eek: Dude , seriously ?? Are you $h!tting me ??? Do you think we are some tiny island that floats around a lake ??? :rof: :rof:

Texas = 268,581 sq mi

Australia = 2,941,299 sq mi :thumbup:

Just so you know , this place is HUGE !!! but dont worry , most of the world dont know that either ;)

Maybe he was refering to the size of their ego,s...lol

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are getting a new car. Something more modern & way safer for lil baby Disco.

As well, I want to ride in the desert. Makes sense out of the Strom or the FZ to let the FZ go.

Even though doing something to protect my lil bundle of smiles, still doesn't ease the pain of letting Trinity go :(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are getting a new car. Something more modern & way safer for lil baby Disco.

As well, I want to ride in the desert. Makes sense out of the Strom or the FZ to let the FZ go.

Even though doing something to protect my lil bundle of smiles, still doesn't ease the pain of letting Trinity go :(

Sad day Stu, but, your kids should ALWAYS come first. More men should do what you're doing. Your unselfishness will pay off one day. Family car today, toy tomorrow :)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that is a bit unfair Kazza, you never hear about women selling off all the shoes clothes and accessories for a safer car :p

Its good that your keeping a bike however, men getting back on motorbikes after years without them mainly due to kids are one of the most at risk rider groups. Debatable whether being unselfish might be fatal in some cases.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can understand your motives
About 22years ago (yes I can be that certain) I sold my XR200RD, a fantastic dirt bike, to buy 2x 2'5 seater lounge. Suite.
We had a baby on the way and it was the only thing that could realise a few grand at the time.(no_one would pay for my body and the wife at the time was seriosly preggers so lets stop right there) anyway I took the bike for one last run. I went out. No licence, no reg and no brains, for the last 2hr run. It was great.... No cops, no dramas... A great way to remember the bike

I hope your memories of the fz6 are as indelible as mine of my 1st Honda
I understand your dilemma!
Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my ER 500 to get a deposit for our first flat. It wans't the best bike in the world. But it was my only bike.
It wasn't a difficult decision to make. I lived close enough to work to walk. We didn't have a car either.
7 years later Avril brought me the FZ6. A pretty good return on my investment lol.
There is always a bigger picture.
Good luck.
Nelly

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully in 3-4 years time when $$$$ will be freed up again, Yamaha has made the bike I'm waiting for.

The cross plane cranked R1 motor in an FZ1 :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My rant.....

when your husband goes shopping with out (or withour your permission ;)) and buys CD's you've already got him hidden away for Christmas.....

I'm going to stop his allowance from now until Christmas.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My rant.....

when your husband goes shopping with out (or withour your permission ;)) and buys CD's you've already got him hidden away for Christmas.....

I'm going to stop his allowance from now until Christmas.....

Lol...I did almost exactly the same thing to jess yesterday!

Her parents are now getting a Grand Designs DVD now!

:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really a rant but it frustrates me so I ask......

Why dont motorcycle orificers have to wear any gear ?? I was overtaken by one today & saw one on Saturday , both in short sleeve shirts , NO gloves & only wearing those pretty little pants they get issued :eyebrow: :shakehead:

I think they should be made to lead by example , what do you reckon ??

The dude that over took me today even had the nerve to look me up & down as if I was the odd one out... Maybe he was concerned by my crocs :eek: :justkidding: :ban:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really a rant but it frustrates me so I ask......

Why dont motorcycle orificers have to wear any gear ?? I was overtaken by one today & saw one on Saturday , both in short sleeve shirts , NO gloves & only wearing those pretty little pants they get issued :eyebrow: :shakehead:

I think they should be made to lead by example , what do you reckon ??

The dude that over took me today even had the nerve to look me up & down as if I was the odd one out... Maybe he was concerned by my crocs :eek: :justkidding: :ban:

Ah, but that's not all.....have been reading about guys getting pinged for lane splitting a bit in Adelaide in the last 2 weeks....Motorcycle Blitz on in Adelaide right now...so every innocent bugger is getting booked for FE's, and Tyres, lane splitting/filtering...

So what do i see yesterday, a cop bike splitting lanes like the best of us...no indicators, and you guessed it, a short sleeved shirt, and those stupid pants that look like gay horse riding pants! (no offence meant to any gay horse riders!)

Lead by example.....not likely buddy!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, but that's not all.....have been reading about guys getting pinged for lane splitting a bit in Adelaide in the last 2 weeks....Motorcycle Blitz on in Adelaide right now...so every innocent bugger is getting booked for FE's, and Tyres, lane splitting/filtering...

So what do i see yesterday, a cop bike splitting lanes like the best of us...no indicators, and you guessed it, a short sleeved shirt, and those stupid pants that look like gay horse riding pants! (no offence meant to any gay horse riders!)

Lead by example.....not likely buddy!

Same ol' , same ol' again..... One rule for them & another for us :( :shakehead:

I was going to mention those 'pants' the same way but you just never know how many gay horse riders there are out there......... Hey , good luck to them if they are but they are a touchy bunch when you start talkin' bout them :BLAA: