The Great Ocean Walk

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone has been talking about the great weather we have been having down under lately and how good it is for riding. Yeah, Yeah.
Well I live on one of the best roads for bike riding here in South Victoria , Australia, the Great Ocean Road. Well when I was asked to walk the 90 Kms from Cape Otway to the 12 Apostles I said WTF?
You see, at the end of world war one, the Aussie diggers came home and started building this road from Anglesea to Peterborough and it was called the Great Ocean Road. Now little did I realise that 90 kms of it goes inland at Apollo Bay and heads up into the mouintains, kinda gives you a break from the coast scenery and adds hills to the twisties!
I never knew they built a bushwalking track to cover that 90 km, no showers, no water, and carry everything in and out! That is until last week when I was asked to join 15 young students on that walk and show them my walking skills (and camping and cooking).
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS, WHY DIDN'T THE DIGGERS KEEP MAKING THAT ROAD!
CHEERS,
A VERY SORE RUMPS!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful scenery Rumps!
Happy to get on the bike again after that? ;)
Well done.

(btw - Last photo wasn't taken with the camera on the bike, on a timer? I knew Fizzers were great, but taking photos?!:eek:)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great hike! If you aren't used to hiking it can be tough. I started hiking 3 years ago and the first couple of hike about killed me. Good to go now however. Love it even though I tell my hiking buddies I would rather have two wheels and a throttle. LOL Thanks for the pictures. :thumbup: