The birth of my new FZ6N

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought you guys may get a kick out of this :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ej0z93igDA"]YouTube- FZ6 Predelivery[/ame]

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So from actually taking it off the truck etc to the end of this, about 45mins. Obviously most of the bike is built, just bars and controls, front wheel, and a few other things.

Data Dot then takes about 10mins.

Then it goes to the workshop where they connect the battery, adjust the chain, check fluids, add fuel, check cable tensions, wipe tires with thinners to remove the wax, install number plate and interim label, and in my case changed the front sprocket to -1. Test ride around the block and she's all set.

I also added a rare earth magnet to the outside of the oil filter to capture anything metallic in the run-in. I'm going to change the oil tomorrow night where the bike should have about 150km on it (to myth-bust it!).

I'll post a 'Cam's Mods' thread with all my mods and add-ons in the next few days.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got to say, I'm absolutely loving it. Even in my less aggressive 'break-in' mode, I managed a semi unintentional power wheelie over a crest shifting from 1st to 2nd. Woo! You can really feel the lack of weight (vs the faired version) over the front. Cue FZ1 bar mod :)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe, maybe I should have kept it in the crate and let it age a little :)

I'm actually wondering when the last FZ6 rolled off the lot. Mine was shipped from Yamaha Qld late last week, yet the compliance is 02/09. Makes me wonder if that was the last month or quarter they were built??

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe, maybe I should have kept it in the crate and let it age a little :)

I'm actually wondering when the last FZ6 rolled off the lot. Mine was shipped from Yamaha Qld late last week, yet the compliance is 02/09. Makes me wonder if that was the last month or quarter they were built??

Hmmmm... i wonder how you could find out? Would also love to know how many FZ6's have been sold in Australia, and where they were all bought from...

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to bring this thread back, I was there when they unpacked and put my bike together (Same colour as the vid) Took around 2hrs but oh so worth the wait :) First big bike and loving it, just want to shave some weight off of it now :)