Tank Repair

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have experience with taking their tank into a body shop for repair? It is still scared from my crash last year, and was wondering what I might expect to pay to get a repair job done. Left side has a bit of rash, and there is also a small dent on the right side. I have no experience in body repair, and would like a professional to do all the work. With the help of the forum, I should be able to get the tank removed from the bike by myself :) Obviously I will have to take it in to get a quote done, but I was just curious to see what price range I may be looking at.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm, both sides need redone, you mention wanting a good job done..
a decent shop is gonna be at least $100/hour, filling a dent, refinishing
and painting the whole thing has to be at least 4 hours, plus paint..it won't
be cheap, calling around for a used red tank may be more affordable

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
A used tank would probably be the best option if I could find one...and maybe I will just wait until I do. Places like Ebay have seem to have blue tanks, but all in similar or worse condition than mine. Guess I will keep my eye out for a good condition red tank. I looked at the tank covers before, but at the time really did not care for them. Maybe I will reconsider. Maybe I can find some pictures of the red one on a bike to see how it looks.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site