Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the petrol station the other day and a guy pulled up right next to the pump on a KTM. He stayed on the bike, no stand, opened the petrol cap and got the pump and filled the bike up. Then he put it on the stand and went and paid. I'm sure if I tried that I'd fall off the bike, petrol every where, flames etc.:D

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
A new record for me the other day , 386.4 kilometres (241 miles) when i stopped for fuel and i put 18.35 litres (4.84 gallons) in her :D....Im left wondering if i'd have made it to 400 :don'tknow: but i think i might of :D

haha, im trying to get 400 km on this bike as well. a fren of mine manage to get 420km on his 05 fz6.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I said 190 and that's always waiting for the flashing indicator/ I tend to stop within 10 to 15 miles after it starts the reserve meter. I'm not very aggressive on commutes, more on weekend fun rides. But I'm not Grandma at the helm either.

bazza

I'll sleep when I die!!
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day everyone,
On a recent trip to Phillip Island I got 310km before the last bar started to flash. I rode for another 25km ,then it got the better of me and I filled her up, the tank only took 16.5 litres. Not game enough to push the flashing bar much further than 25km.:rockon:

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
On my last fill up after a long freeway drive I got 194 miles on 3.54 gallons which is 54.8mpg. I usually figure I can go 200 miles safely and 220 if I have to.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
It depends on how hard i ride. I tend to ride in low gears at high rpms, and accelerate hard and fast. This takes my gas mileage down substantially. Its a sacrifice I'm willing to make. If i wanted to get 200 miles out of a tank I would ride easy all the time.

It really depends on weather and road conditions as well as my mood - as far as how hard i ride - which really determines how far my tank gets me.

Usually around 130 - 140 miles per tank. I've gotten up to 180 miles though before reserves comes.

And yes i notice my fuel gauge varies. If i'm parked on a hill, my sensor reads less or more than I actually have in my tank. And when not moving, my gauge reads less than when I'm at 6,000 rpms. Therefore the reserve starts flashing when I'm stopped, the F-trip starts. I'll start moving and the F-trip stays on, but the reserve stops flashing.

So depending on the angle of the slope your bike is on, and the rpms - your fuel gauge will fluctuate accordingly. That would explain why the reserve stops flashing or your fuel gauge goes up and down.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it when you park the bike with one bar of fuel and when you start up next time you suddenly have two bars of fuel.

Gotta love it. My driveway is a hardcore hill, and my fuel gauge goes from 1 bar to 3 or 4 sometimes once i start riding it. My car is even worse.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to get 160miles before reserve came on a few weekends ago, sitting at 80mph and afew towns etc

Only got 130 this weekend but was more back roads so more braking and accelerating, and there were loads of cars to over take

Think i would get 180 before red comes on if im doing a long distance easier ride but have never had that situation arise yet hehe

400km/250miles would be a major achievement! If you do manage that, please explain how lol

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got two FZ6's. They're both '07's the first one I got was the red and about 9 months later the blue. The red bike feels smoother and faster than the blue one. I consistantly get 55 MPG on the red bike. I tend to get closer to 50 on the blue biike even though the blue bike has pulled 55 MPG on a long trip. I had the red bike out on a long day trip and went 228 miles on a tank. When I pulled in to get gas could only get 3.8 Gallons in it.

Hard to believe a bike this fun and fast can get this king of mileage.

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride very hard. Between the Two Brothers and the PC III and air box mod/air filter I have a LOT of air and fuel going through. I can honestly say that my bike goes over 100mph 99% of the time when it leaves the garage. I ride the V-Star 1300 when I want to go slow, and the FZ when I want to run hard. I seem to get about 25-30MPG.