Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 210+

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
As topic. Ive never actually bothered looking how many i get, i just run it to the red and fill up again lol. Keep forgetting to reset the trip meter

Though i have noticed that the reserve starts flashing very early. I only ever manage to get 15L in maximum and the tank is 19.4L so its abit pessimistic i rekon. maybe just me tho

Last edited:
Good poll, I'm kind of curious to what other people are getting. I can usually get 150 - 160 miles on the main tank then I push the reserve to 35 miles. I'm not sure if I could push the reserve any farther, anyone else go beyond that?

When I first got it (my first big bike) I was getting 230 miles from a tank then it flashed reserve. Now I get to about 160 before it nags me.

Smiles vs Miles :rockon:

Speaking from a kinda spooky experience... I've gone to 46 or 47 and it took a little over 5 full gallons... I was doing about 5 under the limit I was so nervous... and 6th gear got a work out in the low ranges...

140 in the summer and 160 in the winter. Normally I only get about 14/15 L in the tank though; the warning comes on very early with the FZ6.

130 miles and I get 17 - 18 litres in. I run the low warniing light to 25 miles and then fill.

Nelly

PS the only reason I am responding to this is because it is a poll, Nice thought. MPG has been double killed, only superseded by oil lol.

Last edited:
so for those who are getting 170... are you letting it go all the way into the flashing gas tank indicator? Or do you fill at 170 while it's still at 1 bar?

My gas indicator comes on at around 150, at which point, I usually make my way to the gas pump promptly after. How many miles into the flashing gas bar do you guys get once the flashing begins?

I tend to accelerate very hard, especially in city traffic. This will of course reduce the range severely. Don't really know my average range, but it's low...

By the way: Have any of you noticed that the indicator at times actually stops flashing? That's happened to me several times, and only if I slow down after some hard riding. One could think it is a primitive board computer, which could make sence as the engine is fuel injected.

PS the only reason I am responding to this is because it is a poll, Nice thought. MPG has been double killed, only superseded by oil lol.

+1000, I agree with Neil, just hit the search tab and you can read about 500 posts relating to fuel mileage by tank and reserve, overlapped by premium and regular fuel.

I selected the 210+, My gas gauge starts flashing at about 200 and then i can go 30-40 before getting truly scared about running out. i usually fill up at about 235ish

Hard to really measure for me, since I tend to fill up the tank once I hit half.
This is my practice even with my cage, especially during the winter season.

Ares

I will fill my tank when I hit 150, I still have some bars, but like the man said; "It's a bit 'heavy to push."

Back