Swingarm bearings? (another thread)

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My '07 FZ6 has about 13000 miles on it. I bought it new a year ago.

Lately, I've been feeling what I can only describe as 'click' from the rear-end when I hit bumps/rough pavement (I don't hear it so much as feel it).

Could this be the swingarm bearings? The shock seems to be working ok. I ride in the rain a lot and based on what others have posted (and the manual), it sounds like I'm due to lube them soon.

On another note: I'm done with long rides for the season, so I swapped back to the stock 16t front sprocket (I'd been running a 17t on the front all year to drop the rpm on the highway). I can definitely feel more 'buzz' on the highway, but more pull on the low-end. :rockon:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you call it a "click" or a "clunk"? Can you hear it or do you feel it?

How's the rear brake and the hugger? What about all the junk in the trunk, like the exhaust, tail light, and fender? I'm just wondering if it's something else that's loose. Is the stuff stored under your seat secure?

Since you do ride in the rain, it could be the bearings. But I'd have to think that they'd be really really toasted to create a "clicking" sensation. I just did mine, (mines an '06 and I'm at 13k miles) and though they weren't swimming in grease, they weren't totally dry as some others have found.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
you make me think that i need to pull her fz apart and check her swing arm, there is 8,500 on the fz...

and what is this your done with long rides?? are we still on for october??