SW-Motech Riser install question

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys who have installed this...could you chime in. I installed them last night (all of half and hour) and found that I had to loosen the front brake line clamp that is under the fairing, and cut the wire-ties holding the control cables for some slack. I'm assuming that it is the correct thing to do. Everything is free now, and works properly. Just want to make sure I did it right.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, you did the right thing. My lines were pretty tight as well after I installed the barbacks. Did the same as you, just cut the zip tie to get a little bit of slack. Enjoy!

W

wrightme43

You could also hook on up on some stainless braided lines. Huge difference. I have the 1 up 1 back risers. Be carefull lifting the tank. I.E. remove the bar before lifting the tank.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys who have installed this...could you chime in. I installed them last night (all of half and hour) and found that I had to loosen the front brake line clamp that is under the fairing, and cut the wire-ties holding the control cables for some slack. I'm assuming that it is the correct thing to do. Everything is free now, and works properly. Just want to make sure I did it right.

do you have pics? I have been thinking about doing this myself?

and how do you like the change?

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok good...don't feel so weirded out by it now. I will have to look into the SS lines for the brakes. :thumbup:

I don't have any pics of them, but I know there are other pics on the forum from other members that have done it. It was stupid easy. Haven't ridden yet, but I do like the way they feel from the seat...will have a better idea after this weekend I hope.

Last edited:

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found there was slack going to the zip ties. So I pulled a tiny bit of cable up through the zip ties and rotated cable a little on the fork tube and it has enough slack without clipping the zip ties. But it was definately too tight before that.

John

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Thanks to this forum, I ordered this and just installed them this morning. Super easy to install, and I think they're going to make a huge difference in long distance riding comfort. I only had to snip the zip-tie holding the brake line to the fork tube. Even used the Yamaha top plate, instead of the provided tops. Looks really good!:cheer: