Sticker Removal - Super Annoying!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Been doing a lot of work on the bike this weekend and realized that I never removed the two factory stickers on the swingarm or the one on the frame. Tried to simply peel them off, and realized almost immediately that wasn't happening. Tried carefully using a razor blade, and although I was making progress, it was really slow going and tedious. Then I tried using a hair dryer to heat them up before using the razor blade which helped significantly, but man, what a pain in the ass.

Got off one of the two stickers on the swingarm, wiped away all the excess sticky residue with some good off, and then called it quits. Does anyone know of an easier way to get these damn things off??

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't tried removing the stickers you are referring to on the swingarm, but in the past, I've had success using WD40. Soak the sticker with WD40, wait a bit and then try peeling it off. I seem to recall that the more WD40 you use and the longer you let it soak in, the easier it is to take off the sticker.

Use WD40 to remove any leftover glue residue as well. Good luck!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always used a hair dryer or a heat gun and plastic razor blades made just for removing stickers without damaging paint and they work great, but I've also used a credit card and that works great too

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hosed mine with brake cleaner and scraped them off with a popsicle stick.

RedRocket

Reaction score
Visit site
Warm up the stickers with a hair dryer and slowly peel them off. Then use WD-40 and goo gone and rub off the residue.

D

Dave.TX

I bought my bike with the stickers already removed. That's the easiest way. :rolleyes:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
did mine in the summer on the hottest day - bike was roasting in the sun. As I recall the small one on the tank was a PITA. The swing arm ones came off whole and I moved them under the seat for future reference.....

Hint; its the surface you wish to heat more so than the sticker itself so heat the surrounding area allot!!!

I'd do the fairing in the summer!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys. Sounds like heat and chemicals is the trick. I think I will wait until the summer to remove the remaining stickers.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well in Sweden I bought a spraycan that whas saying that it could remove any stickers without any problems. The can was on sale for 5$ so it was quit cheep and I was not so hopefully that it would be easy. I sprayed it on one of the stickers on the tank and let it be for about 3minutes. In this 3 minutes I began to be a little bit dissy (dont now how to spell correctly) so I dont really know what was in the can :BLAA:
But anyway, after 3 minutes the sticker almost came off by it self. So I quickly removed all the stickers that I was able to find on the bike. I still have the can in the garage if I will need it again...;)

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably similar to a product we have in the states called "Goof Off"

I have some, but was a little afraid to soak the sticker in it and let it sit. Was concerned it would have an adverse effect on the paint. Maybe I will give it a shot though. Thanks!

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Probably similar to a product we have in the states called "Goof Off"

I have some, but was a little afraid to soak the sticker in it and let it sit. Was concerned it would have an adverse effect on the paint. Maybe I will give it a shot though. Thanks!

Just give it a try and see how it works. Be carefully and test it on a spot where it´s not so important for misstakes and see that i wont will give any marks.