Spark plug cap

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone! My bike runs now but it shows error code 33. Do bad sparkplug caps caused that error code?
Btw error code is gone when i revved up the engine, but when it sit at idle it shows.
Ive tested the coils and it was within spec, but one sparkplug cap was out of spec 22k ohms but its installed in 2 and 3 ignition coil that should show error code 34.
I do hope its not a ECU problem there are no parts available here in the Philippines.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Start with the simple things. Make sure that the spark plugs are fresh and properly gaped. Also make sure that the cap is fully twisted onto the ignition lead. You may want to secure the connection with a zip tie. Finally make sure that the connection at the coil is free of corrosion and is also secure.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also check the primary coil connections. The ECU controls the firing of the primary winding on the coil and it looks for a specific current to be present. If the ECU doesn't see the proper load it throws an error code. That load failure could be a failing primary winding in the coil or failing supply voltage at the primary coil connector or even intermittent kill switch connection.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im planning on replacing the caps ive inspected it and it was damaged cracked covered with rubber, is there any replacement sparkplug cap and high tension wire i can buy?
My high tension wires is to short now if i trim it off

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update!
I fix all the high tension wire and secured it to the cap and ignition coils, error is gone after i repaired and cleaned body harness
She idles great and smooth revving
Lucky me i dont have to buy a new ECU
I'm still waiting for my new radiator, its pitted inside out full of pinholes!
Thank you very much!