Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is after my trip from chicago to deals gap.
229748_1847369703347_1213804111_31468720_2910245_n.jpg

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my light touring setup. This was for a short trip I took over the weekend, but I can actually pack about 5 days worth of clothes and other things with this setup. Its also easy to attach a tent and bedroll. Not exactly the nicest looking kit but at least it works. The tank bag is a Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic. It also has a strap, which I hide under the tank incase I need it (If you put too much in the bag the magnets dont work). The tail bag is an old Kelty hiking bag that ive had for years. I used this same setup sans tank bag on my old bike and it didnt work as well as it does on the fz. Im hoping to get some real luggage next year because this obviously isnt ideal for two-up!

View attachment 37508

Last edited:

romlin

Reaction score
Visit site
two week trip to norway

two week trip and over 4000 miles to norway throw rain hail sleet snow and even some sunshine. was really good going back there

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I've learned the hard way many times, whatever you bring on the bike, you have to carry to and from the motel every night. That's why I've whittled my travel kit to a 60L tailbag and medium size tank bag, both from Motopak. Tank bag holds my camera stuff (dslr and a few lenses) and some other odds and ends, while the tailbag carries all my clothes and junk. Setup has worked fine for numerous weekend to weeklong touring trips.

IMG_6609a.JPG

JHutch808

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought the bike new in May and here it is so far. Hope to post more touring pics as I've got a long road trip planned starting next week. The plan, barring any issues, is to head from Vancouver, WA to visit friends in Texas, then Phoenix, AZ then home through California. So far it has a Top Sellerie Seat, Cortech Tank bag, Ogio Saddle Bags, 24" Cee Bailey Screen, SW-Motech Engine Guard (not in pic), Vista Crusie Control, Brand New Dunlop Q2s and 12-volt accesory socket. Have all black Rivco highway pegs on the way which will blend nicely with the engine guard.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
August 19-21, Green Mtn National Forest, Vermont, USA. I manage to get everything I need in the 3 givi hard bags plus a tank bag.

No phone service, power, or water for 15 miles in any direction. It's a nice place.
p1010666m.jpg

Lots and lots of dirt roads.
dscn8572w.jpg

dscn8577.jpg

Givi E21's make EXCELLENT beer coolers, by the way.
dscn8606.jpg

dscn8758.jpg

VT Route 7, heading south from Mt Tabor towards Bennington.
p1010708c.jpg

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it wasn't great. I wanted cans, preferrably tall boys, and all there was was Genny and Bud-Miller crapola. This at least was new to me, though I didn't expect much. I will say, Cream Ale is a lot better than the other we got, Gennessee "Beer." The plainest, most generic label I have ever seen, (and I'm familiar with Iron City.) And the beer wasn't great, but when you're camping you kinda don't care, you know? Also there was a bottle of Bulleit Rye to finish the evening with, and that wiped out all the leftover mediocre beer flavor nicely.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
This is version 2.0 of my touring setup. Much more practical than what I used to use. Hopefully next year I will be showing off version 3 with real luggage!

DSCF1225.jpg

DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1221.jpg

DSCF1123.jpg

DSCF1080.jpg

Last edited:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
That seat looks insanely comfortable! What hard bags are you using?

Yeah, seriously Traf001... We need more pics and info on those SW Motech Trax cases. I've long wanted Happy Trail aluminum panniers, but you've changed my mind with these bad boys.

Are they the 37L? What about the racks? Standard Motech's?

Must have!!

(edit: Yep, you've really started something. I am in love with these cases)

Last edited: