Should I buy this 2007.5 Aprilla Tuono?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
HERE IS THE ADVERTISEMENT: :thumbup:

This is the 139 hp naked sport bike with 10,689 miles and the bullet proof rotax v-twin motor that is no longer available. In 2007.5 Aprilia boosted the rotax motor horsepower significantly, so do not confuse this bike with 2007 and earlier models.

This Tuono is an awesome bike that has always been garaged and well cared for by an experienced senior rider. It is a pleasure to ride with its massive horsepower, flawless fuel injection acceleration, superb handling and comfortable naked bike riding position. Sad to see it go, but the wife says too many motorcycles in the garage after the latest Husaberg arrived. Most of my riding these days has been more dirt oriented dual sport and adventure riding so the Tuono is getting the least use and needs to go.

Extras include the Mivv carbon fiber italian-made exhaust, heated grips, accessory bmw style power plug outlet, laminar lip windscreen for much improved air flow comfort, a RKA expandable tankbag, and new oil filters. It also comes with passenger pegs and a removable rear seat. Also available are a pair of pitbull front and rear wheel stands, and a new front tire.

P1010316-M.jpg

$6950

:BLAA:

I'm thinking yes.............

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
HERE IS THE ADVERTISEMENT: :thumbup:

This is the 139 hp naked sport bike with 10,689 miles and the bullet proof rotax v-twin motor that is no longer available. In 2007.5 Aprilia boosted the rotax motor horsepower significantly, so do not confuse this bike with 2007 and earlier models.

This Tuono is an awesome bike that has always been garaged and well cared for by an experienced senior rider. It is a pleasure to ride with its massive horsepower, flawless fuel injection acceleration, superb handling and comfortable naked bike riding position. Sad to see it go, but the wife says too many motorcycles in the garage after the latest Husaberg arrived. Most of my riding these days has been more dirt oriented dual sport and adventure riding so the Tuono is getting the least use and needs to go.

Extras include the Mivv carbon fiber italian-made exhaust, heated grips, accessory bmw style power plug outlet, laminar lip windscreen for much improved air flow comfort, a RKA expandable tankbag, and new oil filters. It also comes with passenger pegs and a removable rear seat. Also available are a pair of pitbull front and rear wheel stands, and a new front tire.

P1010316-M.jpg

$6950

:BLAA:

I'm thinking yes.............
great looking bike, id buy if i had money

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nate I posted a thread on the AF1 site asking about any know issues. The price of the one you are looking as seems okay, but you might be able to find the Factory version for the same amount of money. That gets you the NERA wheels, and full Ohlins suspension. The NERA wheels alone are about $3,000.00.

Aprilia Motorcycles and Scooters for Sale

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been seeing that one CL lately, I was thinking about selling my Xterra for it! LOL so yes, do me a favor and buy it before I do :BLAA:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Salt Lake City no longer has an Aprilia dealer; I've always been smitten with the looks of the Tuono! :drool:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Spoke to the seller today and was a little disppointed with some of the things he mentioned. Has not changed the oil in a couple years (not riding it much), has not done the valve check (due at 10K I believe)...obviously brake fluid and all that must need changing. He just gave me the impression he is not real mechanical and kinda down played maintenance...although he mentioned he waxes the chain after ever ride which I place zero value on. Made me wonder...it's either all fine or it's not. I would definitely doc the price to cover the valve check.

I sold the 950 as it was too much of a beast offroad....too much work to ride fast in anything other than open areas. I enjoyed it but ultimately it was a mistake to buy that bike. Sold it for alittle more than I paid though so it's all cool.

I'm shopping for another do it all street bike...considering everything from a versys or nicely set up second gen FZ6/FZ1 to this Aprilla. I want a run bike that I can also tour on. Touring on the Aprilla would be a challenge when it came to extending the range and carrying gear but I think I could make it happen and it would be worth it (who knows, maybe I'll sell it right away too).

I am ALSO shopping for a much smaller dual sport....preferably a plated KTM 350 EXC. I will ride this primarily offroad but will get a set of sumo wheels for it for motard track days at Sears Point and for being a hooligan in the city and local hills.

Last edited:

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're up for a fly and ride or shipping the right bike, there's one for sale near my home in Texas. I also saw this one listed in the link Hellgate sent to the Aprilia forum.

This guy has his listed for cheaper with far fewer miles. That might offset some of the cost of shipping/flying.

For Sale- 2008 Tuono 3,391 miles - TWT Forums

Edit: link to Aprilia Forum thread: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?253264-For-Sale-2008-Tuono

I could give you a place to crash if you needed to stay overnight before riding back.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
The Tuono can definitely be a good sport-tourer --with a bigger emphasive on the "sport" than "tourer"! But I doubt you're ready for a Goldwing just yet!

I wouldn't buy this particular bike, though. The maintenance is probably twice as bad as what he told you. Just be patient and wait for a better bike to come along.

Interesting that you sold the 950. Good for you for realizing that the bike was a bad fit. I had to do the same with my GS. It was a hard decision because I really liked the bike.

I'm looking for a street bike, too. Something that I can commute 10,000mi a year on. I'm thinking about a +2010 Versys. I test rode one. It's a decent bike, for the money. It won't turn any heads, but it has a lot of fun,usable power and doesn't feel like a parts bin special. Kind of like the fz6....um, why did I sell that bike again?:(

I wouldn't want to see you putting around on a Versys, though...that would just be lame.

Last edited: