• 100kg/220lbs - 125kg/275lbs

Votes: 90 17.8%
  • 125kg/275lbs +

Votes: 23 4.5%

• Total voters

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, I do, at 5'3\", 115 lb. Plus, my FZ is red.

is your fz lowered? if not can I see a pic of your foot touching the ground. At 5'5" I thought I was pushing the height limit...

just kiddding about the pic (unless you feel inclined) but man the fz is tall for us little people :)

I know for ,me comeing from a gz250 with a seat height of 680 mm (27.8 in) to the fz 795.02 mm (31.3 in) I felt very unstable for the first little while... the weight thing though, I am still unsure as to what point the weight effects performance.

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
is your fz lowered? if not can I see a pic of your foot touching the ground. At 5'5\" I thought I was pushing the height limit...

just kiddding about the pic (unless you feel inclined) but man the fz is tall for us little people :)

I know for ,me comeing from a gz250 with a seat height of 680 mm (27.8 in) to the fz 795.02 mm (31.3 in) I felt very unstable for the first little while... the weight thing though, I am still unsure as to what point the weight effects performance.

No, my FZ has not been lowered. It's been made even taller by the Corbin saddle I recently bought for it. I've been riding tall bikes for a few years now (also ride BMW's) so have just learned to work around it. When I come to a stop, I slide slightly to the left, tip the bike slightly, and can get my left foot flat on the ground. If I need to put both feet down (like if I'm putting gloves on, or getting money at a toll booth) I only have my tiptoes on the ground, not even the balls of my feet. I've learned to push the bike backwards using only one foot. But the bike is so light...

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'-10" and about 188#, moderate boned. Wish I was about 170#; need to cut out some evening snacks and work out more regularly.

But a few years ago I was 223# and really out of shape, so I'm doing better. I feel better for it too. I didn't take the poll because of the 55# gap between answers!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I don;t think this thread was intended for us girlies

5'5" 130lbs, BMI 22 (i.e. the "ideal" for health - take that all you supermodels!!)

'course i'll be tacking on additional 25-35 lbs by next summer, so maybe i'm speaking too soon....

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of BMI, that's the biggest pile of bull**** ever. It was created by a belgian 150+ years ago, and can't relect people today. It also doesn't account for body type, muscle vs. fat mass, etc.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of BMI, that's the biggest pile of bull**** ever. It was created by a belgian 150+ years ago, and can't relect people today. It also doesn't account for body type, muscle vs. fat mass, etc.

Can you suggest a better measuring system instead?

BMI can only give a rough idea of what kind of shape a person is but its easy to calculate.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

This is absolutely true. If you only use the BMI equations, a body builder would calculate as morbidly obese. The only true weigh to evaluate a person's fat index is via water submission/displacement calculations. This is grossly cost ineffective, which is why we rely on BMI instead for most/average people.

I'm 5'10" at 160lbs... right in the heart of the perfect BMI window for my height.:cheer: Now if only I could tighten up that 160lbs into more muscle.