• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My last 250 mile ride was a pain in the neck....actually shoulders. They were aching pretty good. I'm 6' and was wondering if anyone else had that problem?

I get that after about 350kms... feels like I have a screaming hot coal in my jacket to the left of my upper spine

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do find moving up closer to the tank solving that? I saw your post earlier.

Doesn't solve it by any means, but it gets me to the gas station to get Advil lol I feel like one of those ladies that sit completely upright like they have lemon in their mouth and a rod up their....spine. So I don't stay in that position for long lol You know the type I am talking about

Oh and for the next week after, that spot is completely numb and hurts as the feeling comes back. Anyone else get that?

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im 6'1" and my legs are fine but i do get lower back pain around the 300km mark :( just when im starting to get warmed up LOL..... But i just find that moving around on the seat every so often gets me through :thumbup:

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
6' 2\\" here. Part of the attraction of the FZ6 was the ergo's. Seems the taller you are the harder to find that right fit. Went to the Dallas Bike Show last weekend and many of the wish list faded away as not possible for any everyday riding.

Ur so right. I'm 6'3" with a 41 mile one way trip to work. Cost me a 'Busa!. Wylie, huh? I'm in Princeton. Let's ride someday! ready

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
5'-4". Had the lowering kit installled to take an inch off the seat height. Will likely get seat shaved slightly as well. My heals are about an inch off the ground stopped, but riding itself is pretty comfortable.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5'8'' with a 30 inch inseam. The FZ is comfortable for about an hour, but then my left leg starts to go numb. A slight shift in weight solves this for awhile, but eventually I have to get off.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5'10 and for me i more than the legs is the seat, after 200 miles (3hours) my butt gets so unconfortable that I have to ride changing positions.

Donnie869

Bass/BikeMaster
Reaction score
www.palmbaybassmasters.com
5'10" Here. Short legs though, I have a hard time reaching the ground, need to tip toe or lean the bike to get a flat foot on the ground. On long rides I do get the cramp between the shoulders at the base of the neck, like my helmets to heavy.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chris,
I was most interested in the Ducati Monsters (696 and 1100) and the Triumph's. The Duc is very tight but the triumph Street triple was quite good postion as well. I really like the postion of sport touring bikes but also threw the leg over the R6, R1, CBR's and GSXr's. Those just dont fit me well, probably becuase of the more forward position.

Hey. The new Ducatis look awesome! A few of them are definitely on my wish list too. I also like the R1, Gixxer and Fireblade though. :) The 600 racers aren't even an option for me. Way too small!

zuull

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'5" and can't flat foot on the bike.
Ok when sitting on bike but hard to back up. :)
Wish that euro seat was available here.Still braking in the seat
and only problem was calf muscles tired after about 100 miles.On
my old bike I could put my legs on passenger pegs for a rest.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
6'1", 32" inseam. Bike fits me well. After 75 miles, I start getting aching in the vertical muscles next to the spine (whatever those are called). I installed 1" up and 1" back bar risers which somewhat reduced that aching (maybe). Never had achiness in legs/hips.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'6" I find the seat height a touch higher than I'd like if I had a choice. Aside from that comfort in the riding position isn't an issue. I've done a few 500km twisty days now, loads of 350-400km days and some longer distance touring.

There is also the option for me of lying on the tank and using the passenger pegs (have even considered another set of controls back there...lol.).:rockon::D
Cheers
Mike

fazer513

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'10" I find the bike is great fit. I've fitted a Bagster seat which gives more comfort for more time. This Sunday will be a round trip to Swan Reach, about 800km so I'm using a sheep skin to see if I can work around the 2 1/2 hour numb bum syndrome.
:aus:

fazter6

Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'2" I wish I had the problem of being too cramped. I have a custom corbin seat shaved down to the seat pan and still I can only touch the ground with my tip-toes. I also had to install bar risers, which actually work really well. I have lowered many bikes and wish I could also lower the FZ. Any suggestions for us shorties? :cheer:

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'10 1/2" and the bike fits me ok, although my long inseam and short arms cause problems for me on other bikes.

Height issues suck. I've got one tall kid who could ride all the roller coasters when he was 4, but was scared to DEATH of them. His little brother (now 4) can't wait to ride them, but he's too short :(

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
I think inseam has more to do with leg cramping than overall height. 32" inseam here, at 5'-10" height, and yes, on long trips I wish there were another set of more-forward pegs to rest on.