Replace the FZ?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been back and forth all winter about getting a new bike in the spring. I was leaning heavily towards a Triumph Daytona 675 or a new, non-current Yamaha R1 at my local dealer. A decision has been reached: I am keeping my FZ!!

It would cost about $5500 to move into a new bike, assuming I get $5500 for my FZ which was quoted. $11,000 is a good chunk of money. For under $2,000 I have ordered all the mods I ever wanted to do to my bike, including Ohlins Suspension which was always the biggest expense.

I love my bike (our bikes) and in no way is it half of a 675 or R1. In 12 months if I get the bug for a new bike again, I will just make a naked FZ!

Go FZ6!!!!!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, got through that without the "group therapy session" this forum provides:cheer:

I still think you should have sprung for the R1;)

I'll be keeping mine for a while longer as I continue to "nag" the wife that It needs a stable mate.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have chosen the Blue pill. You are wise and trustworthy. You will have many happy days ahead of you and a fatter wallet to enjoy the benefits of your decision.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah man, it's hard to find real fault in the FZ6 honestly. It's not a top end bike, but it sure isn't bring up the rear of the pack either. It's powerful enough to get you into trouble, but mellow enough for a country ride. There are faster, more powerful bikes out there no doubt, but they carry the price tag too... and just because they're faster doesn't mean they're "better". Yamaha really did nail it when they called it the swiss army knife of sportbikes.

Wow I sound like a fanboy LoL. :spank:

Last edited:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I go through the "I need a new bike " faze every winter when I walk into the dealer and the sales guys that I know fairly well are like " hey we got that new bike in go take a look at it " some times all I do is plug my ears and pretend not to hear them

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
My brother has a 675, and I've ridden it a lot and LOVE it. BUT as soon as I get back on my FZ I would rather have the FZ over it any day.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
No offense but you seem to not like the FZ very much, yet you're spending all this money on mods for it. :S

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
No offense but you seem to not like the FZ very much, yet you're spending all this money on mods for it. :S

No offense taken as I can say the same to you just by looking at your signature..... :Flip: (me, pointing up at your signature)

I am taking a product I love and making it custom to my specific needs. Anyone on here will agree: Modding my FZ6 does not mean that I don't like it.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of members have chosen to downgrade for whatever reasons, and gotten different bikes. You would not be the first.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am gald to hear that you are sticking with your FZ6! What a process to figure out to keep or to not keep. Went through the same thing when I decided I wanted something bigger than my first very small bike.

Nothing wrong with all your mods. I thought that the stock bike would be just rght for me, but the longer I own it (which really hasn't been that long) and the more I see really cool things being done to it, the more ideas I am having. To me, the perfect bike really doesn't exist - but through all the mods you can do, you will have the perfect bike in the end! :thumbup:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Good job on keeping it. Anytime I think about wanting a different bike I think about how a SS bike can't do what the FZ can do for comfort. The only thing the FZ can't do is accellerate as fast. It's been proven that the FZ can hold it's own on the track, throw in an upgraded suspension and the fizzer rocks. On the street, I feel it's hands down superior to the rest of the bikes on the market.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I just found out that my local dealership is offering me any 2008 or 2009 model for dealer cost. That R1 is starting to look really good.................

This news arrives just 48 hours after I decide to keep my FZ6. D'oh!!!!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to get rid of my FZ6 but I do want another bike! Actually several more! Money... it's all about the money.....

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I sometimes get dreamy eyes when I read reviews of new bikes. But of course money is a factor, and when you look at "goodness per dollar" nothing touches the FZ6.

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
I have never owned another motorcycle so I wouldn't know but with everything the FZ6 seems capable of doing- I will always keep mine. All my Harley friends always look at my bike and start saying nice things about it.