Ready to hit the Road!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whirly... been reading all your posts and pictures.. Looks great! Im looking forward for a good get away myself. Question.... Are you using any type of throttle lock/cruise? Stock grips? Anything else to make the trip more comfortable? After 30-45 minutes my right hand goes numb (rest of the body is %100) and was curious what you use or recommend.

Thanks and have a safe trip.

I actually didn't use any sort of a throttle lock for the trip, although I was planning on it. My hand used to get really numb on my old SV, but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all on the FZ - go figure. If I do get something down the road, I'll probably get a "Thottlemeister". A couple of friends have them for their sportbikes, and seem quite happy with them.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... one more pic from today... How could I resist this one???

HA! That Paul Bunyan has someone inside of it (or used to) and had everyone in the parking lot sing happy birthday to me on my 11th birthday. We were travelling through on a family vacation. Best pancakes I ever had were served right across the street.

Have a safe and fun rest of your trip!

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great trip! I took a similar picture of Paul Bunyan last summer. Glad to see that you seem to have had better weather then it has been back home. :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to know that you made it home safe & sound and with no serious incidents. Sounds to me like you had a great time overall.... :rockon:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... lets try this again... Here are a couple of shots of the bike all geared up and ready to go! Note my super-sexay home-made sheepskin seat cover... has saved my butt so far!

I was so impressed with your report on the MotoPak luggage I bought a set (slightly used) that is pretty much identical to yours.
Now I need a "installing luggage 101" course. :eek:
Did you attach your tail bag to the saddlebags using the double straps that normally wrap around the outside of the tailbags? :confused:

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was so impressed with your report on the MotoPak luggage I bought a set (slightly used) that is pretty much identical to yours.
Now I need a "installing luggage 101" course. :eek:
Did you attach your tail bag to the saddlebags using the double straps that normally wrap around the outside of the tailbags? :confused:

Actually - what I did was take the two "flaps" that are on the sides of the tailbag, loop them through the nylon webbing straps on the top "inboard" side of the saddlebags, (between the zippers that attach the big velcro flaps, and the bags themselves?) and buckle them together - ie: the buckle ends up underneath the tailbag. A little tricky til you get the hang of it, but very secure. I then used some bungies... one on the back, going underneath the back seat (under the license-plate light), and a couple of shorter ones, going from the front of the tailbag to just forward of the passenger pegs...

Does any of this make sense? :eek: It's hard to explain, but I just played around with the straps and bungy cords that I had, until I found something that worked... I can post up some pics in the next day or two if that helps!

Good Luck! :p

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have to go around my county's borderlines maybe 3 times to cover that distance. Jealous....

It looks that you're having a good time. Stay safe.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually - what I did was take the two "flaps" that are on the sides of the tailbag, loop them through the nylon webbing straps on the top "inboard" side of the saddlebags, (between the zippers that attach the big velcro flaps, and the bags themselves?) and buckle them together - ie: the buckle ends up underneath the tailbag. A little tricky til you get the hang of it, but very secure. I then used some bungies... one on the back, going underneath the back seat (under the license-plate light), and a couple of shorter ones, going from the front of the tailbag to just forward of the passenger pegs...

Does any of this make sense? :eek: It's hard to explain, but I just played around with the straps and bungy cords that I had, until I found something that worked... I can post up some pics in the next day or two if that helps!

Good Luck! :p

Ok, gotcha! :thumbup: Thanks, Crystal...I haven't tried them on my FZ6 yet, but will give them a test fit this afternoon. :)