rant rant rant against gixxer 1 million crowd

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
you'd be amazed at the crowd who doesnt understand the concept of countersteering. They're like "waz dat"? The method used to steer a motorcycle. "Uh, i just steer by using my body weight and head tilt". Yea, my point exactly dumbass.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
The young R6 crowd is the same as the gixxer croud. If you're old and experienced, you buy an R1, if you're young and inexperienced, you buy an FZ6, if you're a "leet stunta" you buy an R6.

when I bought the fz I would have put myself in the young and in experianced but well educated catagory.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at best buy when one of the employees walked up and asked what I ride (I was in my jacket, boots, carrying my helmet and still wearing my gloves) I told him and this is how the conversation went

him: sweet how fast u had it?

me: about 120 at least thats what my gps top speed is stuck at.

him: oh so u been babying it

me: no I've just crashed before and know how much it sucks

him: I just bought an r6 and already had it up to 160

me::disapprove:

and I walked away because I wasn't arguing with him

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't understand how the law allows you to have a 1000cc bike at the age of 16!? And so many people say they know someone who rides with no licence or insurance! What is all that about???? Where are the police?

In the UK you can't ride anything bigger than 50cc (no I didn't miss out any zeros!) from the age of 16. At 17 you can ride up to a 125cc on your provisional licence or take your full test but are restricted to bikes with lower power for 2 years. After that you can ride full powered bikes. Or if you are over 21 you can take an extended licence and go full powered. Riding without insurance probably happens a lot but if you get caught you are in for a whole world of pain!

We do however also have the 'buy everything on credit' mentality these days. If you can't pay for it with your own money - don't buy it! How can these kids' parents buy them 1000cc bikes for their 16th birthday presents, on credit, and think that's a good thing???? Irresponsible parenting.

It's good to hear there are responsible people around though (most of them on this forum ;) ) teaching their kids how to ride properly on appropriate machines for their ability, whilst still building their enthusiasm for bikes.

Gixxer kids just want to be cool by looking good and impressing their friends. Gixxers are great bikes, but in the hands of kids who probably barely know their alphabet properly - they're not so great!

OK, rant over! :D ride safe people!

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I really hate the gixxer crowd to me they cause more trouble than they are worth. In the Washington state there used to be a graduated system for motorcycles but that was some time ago. Now I go into my dealer and these kids walk right by the R1's and R6's and and they don't even look at the ducati's a walk right up to the gixxer 1000's and talk about how much they want one. Something I don't get is why a gixxer he new R1 is ten times the bike a GSX 1000 but they don't even look at them

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Now it's my turn.

I had somebody come by to replace a cracked windshield for my car.
He asked me about my bike that he saw in the garage.
(me) "it's a Yamaha FZ6."
(him) <blank expression>
(me) "um....it has an R6 engine, good ergonomics, and is a good do-it-all bike."
(him) <blank expression>
(me) "it's more of a sport tourer"
(him) "what's that?."
(me) "um...it's like between a pure sport bike and a touring bike:
(him) "get an R6 dude"
Seriously, this is the first thing this guy said!
So I kinda backed off and said I wasn't ready for an R6 yet. For some reason, at that moment, I felt self-conscious about not having a bad-ass bike like an R6. That's the reason why I posted this a while back:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...-consider-fz6-crotch-rocket-2.html#post286628

Then he told me he rides a gixxer 1000. He goes out with his buddies up and down 95 (a major east coast highway.) Lame. I told him I liked going out on the roads on the mountains and ride along some twisties. He was like "that's stupid, mang" I guess he thought it was too dangerous. (It doesn't have to be.)

He then asked me how much I paid for my bike. He said I could've got an R1 for that much money on craigslist.
I'm sorry but I don't want an R1 ! He was right about the R1 price, but it would have been from like 1995 or something, lol!

Then I told him it was my first season and that I got my license by taking an MSF course. He told me he never got his motorcycle license.
(me) "why not?!"
(him) "no need. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid."
(me) "it's pretty easy to get a license. the msf course lets you take the test on the last day."
(him) "I didn't even have my drivers license until I got this job. The only reason I got it was so I could drive this van around."
<referring to his Safelite Autoglass van>

On top of that, he told me he has a custom made leather jacket with some designs on it.
(me) "what do you have on it?"
(him) "I have a picture of a big clown on the back"
(me) "wow, where did you get it?."
(him) "Columbia."
(me) "Oh. Columbia, Maryland? I work there."
(him) "No mang, Columbia."
(me) "Oh the country, sorry."
I didn't even want to think about whether his custom leather jacket was crash worthy, had armor, good stitching, etc. I don't think he even cared about that.

So he left my driveway. He did a good job with replacing my windshield. I did enjoy talking to him.
He was a really nice person. But it felt like I was talking to someone from Mars.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the gixxer crowd... they provide a constant flow of cheap piece parts for my track bike :D

and a constant flow of humour :D
but trust me it aint just the gixxer crew..some of you might of seen me post this pic before (my summertime streetfighter project)

14022009060.jpg

this was my bro in laws ..bought new on finance when he was 21,he totally abused it for a month then low sided in to a traffic jam (target fixation???)

until last year this bike had not moved in 8 years..i put jump leads on and it started first time.. ..happy days

Last edited:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice! perfect SF project right there... you have a lot of chopping left to do :D

Yeah and i gotta scource a frame too see pic.. the frame is about an inch compressed where it jammed under the car (you can just make it out if you follow the line of the frame) mechanic cant jig it back due to it being aluminium. the thing is i dont know enough about kwakkas to know what years will fit ..if all else fails ill adapt those 6 pots
14022009060-1.jpg

anyhow apollogies for the brief hijak..rant on

Last edited: