International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi People,

Who has the R6 forks?

What year works best for our bike?

Did you have to change the fork clamps?

Were you able to retain the FZ6 Calipers and spindle?

Cheers

Nelly

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why do riders want to swap out to the R6 fork? What kind of perfornance do you gain by this mod? What's wrong with our stock forks?

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm just going to post this link.. this question gets asked alot. May the mods have mercy on my soul if it's not allowed..

R6 Fork Mod instruction

You retain the fz6 tripple. You use the R6 axle/bolt and calipers. You need a shim kit for the axle because the fz6 tripple is spaced out a bit wider than the r6. You also need a spacer kit for the front fender. Both of which do not currently have a reliable source.
You can keep the fz6 calipers, but you need a spacer kit for that too.

As far as performance gains:

Fully adjustable front suspension
Better braking on pre-'07 models
Black fork tubes = better looks imo.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why do riders want to swap out to the R6 fork? What kind of perfornance do you gain by this mod? What's wrong with our stock forks?
Its the adjust ability to set the front to the riders weight.
If there is something available that gives better handling and is relatively cheap then in my book its a must do.
I wonder why people fit after market exhausts when they give no increase in performance, relatively.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm just going to post this link.. this question gets asked alot. May the mods have mercy on my soul if it's not allowed..

R6 Fork Mod instruction

You retain the fz6 tripple. You use the R6 axle/bolt and calipers. You need a shim kit for the axle because the fz6 tripple is spaced out a bit wider than the r6. You also need a spacer kit for the front fender. Both of which do not currently have a reliable source.
You can keep the fz6 calipers, but you need a spacer kit for that too.

As far as performance gains:

Fully adjustable front suspension
Better braking on pre-'07 models
Black fork tubes = better looks imo.
Thanks, I used the search and that did not come up when I typed in R6 forks.

Nelly

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said before in another thread, Just buy an R6, it will solve all your modification problems.....:thumbup:

I bought mine used, an 04, for 5200.oo with an akropovic exhaust, puig racing screen, racing levers, K & N air filter. Hey and what a deal. And my insurance, full coverage is a little over 450.00 a year......

So I agree with Vegas dude

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said before in another thread, Just buy an R6, it will solve all your modification problems.....:thumbup:

I bought mine used, an 04, for 5200.oo with an akropovic exhaust, puig racing screen, racing levers, K & N air filter. Hey and what a deal. And my insurance, full coverage is a little over 450.00 a year......

So I agree with Vegas dude
If I wanted an R6 I would have got one. I am happy with my FZ6, I only want to sort out the forks.

Nelly

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At the risk of a flame....If you are happy with your R6, why are you on the FZ6 forum...just curious. Flame on.

Edit: this sounds really *itchy...wasn't meant to be, I am seriously just curious

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
At the risk of a flame....If you are happy with your R6, why are you on the FZ6 forum...just curious. Flame on.

Edit: this sounds really *itchy...wasn't meant to be, I am seriously just curious

because I started in this forum and learned a lot from other fz'rs about the mods I wanted to make on my fz. This is a great place to kick back and read everyones stories......oh and by the way, I'm just joshin everyone,,,just pokin a little fun because if I still had my fz, i would be doin the mods like you all.. no worries... and lastly the r6 forum sucks.

I'm still and fz'er at heart;)

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
...and now for someone who'll give an answer. No charge!

I see someone already posted the demo on SBN. Good puppy.

Well, the only extra thing I can contribute is advice:

Springs. I've heard some people get new RACE TECH FORK springs that work pretty good too. They're MUCH easier to install.

Raid came this close >---< to doing the R6 fork mod, but he couldn't find the shims. Getting the shims is the hardest part.

Last edited:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
because I started in this forum and learned a lot from other fz'rs about the mods I wanted to make on my fz. This is a great place to kick back and read everyones stories......oh and by the way, I'm just joshin everyone,,,just pokin a little fun because if I still had my fz, i would be doin the mods like you all.. no worries... and lastly the r6 forum sucks.

I'm still and fz'er at heart;)

That makes sense to me :D Thanks for not taking my post as a slam on you... I didn't know how to ask that without sounding rude.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well the shims wont be a problem soon hopefully. I passed out the mastercad files and gave people an idea on how to go about finding a machine shop. hopefully prices will be poping up soon. if anyone else wants those files for the wheel spacers, fender adapters, and brake shims, email me at [email protected] and ill send them to you.

I would do the r6 swap, but i just think the geometry and ride position would be comprimised too much for my tastes.

oh and do they make a conversion kit for the r6. say the ability to put the fz6 top clamp and handle bars on it. would make much more sense doing that if i was to pick up an r6. but i think the rearsets would be too uncomphy as well. and seat? anyone have any ideas on this?

Last edited: