Question about fork mounted headlight brackets

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a question. I'm about the undertake the Buell headlight conversion and I was going to go armystrong's route and use flat stock aluminum strips to mount it, but before I go driving myself nuts trying to get the bends just right, I thought I'd try some headlight brackets off ebay.

Here's the problem, and where I need the help. I know the R6 forks on my bike are 43mm. And it's nearly impossible to find headlight brackets that are 43mm. But others have said that they've used these brackets successfully, I believe. So, would these work? Here's a picture and the listing...it says they're for 26-35mm forks, so this is where my confusion is.

Forkbrackets.jpg

Headlight Brackets Motorcycle headlamp ears 26-35mm Uni : eBay Motors (item 200435672466 end time Mar-05-10 12:48:34 PST)

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated!!!

Did you find some? I think that first set that's shown on the SV is only for the clamps, not the ears.

Why are headlight brackets so expensive?

I haven't found any yet. And you're right, after reading the SV bracket listing, it didn't include the actual part that mounts the headlight, only the part that goes around the forks.

I have no idea why headlight brackets are so expensive, but they are! I absolutely refuse to pay $80 for two little pieces of aluminum! At this point, I think I'm going to do it the way armystrong and others have and use flat stock aluminum. It's much cleaner and shouldn't be too hard.

Back